Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, November 11, 2011

Day #1,057 - Serving

Today, Veterans Day, we pause to recognize those who have served in the military. Each of us can pause on a daily basis to recognize others who also serve us and their communities. Postal workers, the custodian at work, a crossing guard, an elementary teacher - all of them serve as well. They might just appreciate a thanks or recognition of their services (or even 1,000 pennies!)

***************

It’s been 5 days since Doc last visited the Penny Palace so he noticed some progress. Tile Bob grouted the Master Tub this morning. It looks GREAT! Bob mumbled to me and conceded, “It looks better than I thought it would. I didn’t think I was going to like it. Actually it looks damn nice!” That was a very high compliment from the old curmudgeon.

Doc was on site for not even an hour when he had to leave for coffee. He returned with coffees for the tile guys and a penny for me. (Coin #1)

This afternoon on our way home Doc and I had several errands to run. One was to finalize the order for the bathroom floor tile. Then it was ‘Friday night’, so what should we do? We headed to Lowe’s to research metal edging and light controls. We each found a penny there as well. (Coins #2&3).

We stopped for a quick Mexican counter meal. (No dirty dishes that way). We were dining inside, but when there was a break in traffic at the window, I ran outside and collected a dime. (Coin #4).

This evening I am sending out invitations for Thanksgiving Dinner, paying invoices, etc. How quickly the first third of this month has passed.

I have been gluing Penny Cards for an hour and waiting for an answer. The Penny Tale was written except for a title. I kept asking the Angels what to write in the email and for a title. I wanted to go to bed at 11 p.m.!


Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13







No comments: