Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day #1,056 - So Be It

Today was a pleasant day. The painters made significant progress on painting the walls, and the tile crew placed all the tile around the Master Tub.

The painters began painting the walls in my office and worked their way toward the front of the house, then South. When I first saw the paint color, I did not like it - way too yellow. They painted a second and a third room. There was no turning back now. I let it dry for a few hours and then looked at it from the kitchen. If I didn’t know better, I would say that my office, the entry, the family room were all painted in different colors! It is amazing how the lighting can make walls look so very different - even in the same room. I finally gave up and said, “So be it”.

Yesterday I could tell Tile Bob was not too thrilled about my triple-cell, two-row alternating, mosaic horizontal tile wall insert. Today he stood back and said, “This turned out much better than I expected. I like it!”

***************

That Solar Guy who lives 70 miles from here, was kind enough to pick up our order of door locks from the store 2 miles away from his house. That saved me 3 hours of driving time. ARK (Act of Random Kindness).

***************

I locked up the Penny Palace around 3 p.m. and headed to a tile store. There was a phone call as I was about to get on the freeway, so I pulled into a shopping center to check the message. While parked I noticed there were zero cars in the Jack-in-the-box line. Very unusual break in traffic. So I scrambled over there. One penny, then another, then a nickel in a crack and then a quarter! (Coins #1-4).

As I walked away I said out loud, “OK Penny Angels, so just get me the dime before I get back to my truck if you want a good story for the readers tonight.” Then I “backed out” and said, “if I get ONE, great. If I don’t find one, I just won’t say anything and the readers will never know any difference. So whatever you decide.” Within moments there was a dime! (Coin #5) I had to laugh. “OK Angels. So Be It. I guess you wanted a Hit for the Cycle story tonight”.

Then I found an additional two pennies (Coins #6&7) and a Canadian penny (#8). Then two dirt pennies in a planter (Coins #9&10) and then one more dime for good measure! (Coin #11) How’s that for quick Penny Angel response? Not bad for a 5 minute Walk About.

Total: 11 Coins P (6), N (1), D (2), Q (1) = $0.56 + one Canadian Penny

No comments: