Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, January 13, 2012

Day #1,120 - First Trees

Today I was expecting the Landscaping Crew and the Flooring Crew. The power company was performing some maintenance in the area, so there was no power to the house from 1 a.m. until early afternoon. The flooring guys set up their equipment and then said they would resume on another day when there is power.

The landscaping guys kept going. They were working on the stone inlay, the rock swale on the South side, and putting mortar to secure the stream edge rocks.

This afternoon I needed to remain at the Penny Palace until I was sure the Porta Potty got serviced. It is several days overdue and I wanted it cleaned before the holiday weekend. Finally around 3 p.m. the pump truck arrived.

I was also waiting for a delivery of some P-shaped foam for the garden bathroom.

For 3 hours I had time at the Penny Palace without anyone else interrupting my thoughts. So I used that quiet time to put together the topiary trees arrangements near the front door. A few glitches during the installation, but they turned out OK after all. The first trees on the property (not counting the common area out front).

***************

On the way home I stopped at Michael’s Crafts for spray paint, then Big Lots for trash cans, a new dog bed, etc. No coins or the desired paint at either place. But I was asked about my Penny Pendant in one store. Next, I went to Target. One penny there.

At 7 p.m. Doc was called out to assist son, Stephen with a delivery. When getting off the freeway he collected a median find dime.

Total: 2 Coins P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: