Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day #1,135 - Clean-Ups

We witnessed another beautiful sunrise on the way to the Penny Palace. That is too many early mornings in one week.

We stopped at Subway for breakfast sandwiches, but they did not open until 7 a.m. So Doc and I walked over to the McDonalds instead. Doc found two pennies and I found one in the parking lot. (Coins #1-3)

By 7:05 we were working with Tile Bob and Tony. They were putting down the plywood underlayment for the kitchen countertops. Bob had a “better than the standard” idea for the high countertop. It was the installation method I had hoped for, but other persons said that was not typical. Tile Bob also mentioned that I could either pay his time to RedGard the counters, or I could do it myself. I had no idea what he was talking about, but if it would save a few bucks, then I could probably learn it. (See video).

Concrete Rick power-washed the patio. Doc says, “I don’t get it. We paid extra for the color additive, then more for it to be blasted away to leave a worn look?” The “acid wash” finish does complement the stone inlay. The powerful stream of water however, resulted in a really big puddle in the Master Bedroom. Good thing Doc and I were there to Clean Up the floors otherwise there would have been significant damage.

Tile Bob left at 10 a.m. and Handyman George arrived a few minutes later. We worked on the tile base for the Garden Bathroom; a little Clean-Up to what I had already done. George completed the Aussie bathroom base and a little Clean-Up caulking. Doc headed out for coffee and bagels. (He needed to Clean Up the leftover cream cheese from yesterday’s bagels). He found two pennies at the grocery store. (Coins #4&5).

Doc and I spent the afternoon Cleaning Up the Penny Palace. There were pebbles, sawdust, and debris throughout the house from all the activities. There was concrete in the grand room, electrical clippings, cut tile, trash and just general dirt. We were expecting afternoon guests.

At 4 p.m. the Rotunni family (friends and colleagues) arrived. Their last visit was in September, so there have been many changes since then. Son, Kevin’s favorite part was the visit to the dungeon. After the tour we enjoyed a delicious Italian meal. The food was great and we had no trouble Cleaning Up the various plates of food on the table. John is also a devoted Penny Finder and when we entered the restaurant he was bragging that he would outfind me in quarters this month. The whole evening I was quietly hoping to find a coin just to ‘cap off’ our delightful time together. As we exited the eatery, Doc found a shiny Quarter. Perfect ending to our date! (Coin #6)

When we arrived home at 8 p.m. Doc proposed that we go out - to the garage and begin working on those seashell blocks for the Aussie bathroom. I told him I was not interested in his offer. I had a dozen other things to do this evening. He would not take ‘no’ for an answer. There are two blocks now setting up overnight.

Doc has now retreated to the Man Cave leaving me to Clean Up all sorts of unfinished chores.

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.30

No comments: