Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day #207 - A Different Approach

Today’s first penny was found within 30 seconds of getting out of my car this morning. I had just said hello to the Penny Angels and asked what they had in store for today…

I quickly picked up that penny and had two minutes to spare before my morning workout appointment. Had to check the Circle K. Sure enough, a penny under the counter. I showed it to Margita (see day #200) and then we looked down to see a penny beside us.

While working out at the Fitness Center I was straining under a load and looked to my left - there was a penny on an empty bookshelf. Wondered if I was hallucinating under the stress. Kim retrieved it.

Sparky and Doc insisted that I meet them at Starbucks so I could dig in the dirt while Doc slowly drove through. Two pennies there (Pennies # 5&6).

At school I passed through the Student Study Room. I thought it had been vacant for the past few weeks - but the Penny Angels had left 2 pennies there.

Later in the afternoon I had to make a run across campus. Passed by the coffee shop just to look around J Walked up to the cash register, saw nothing, turned around and there was a dime! Mushroom Coin. As I was headed to my truck at 7:45 p.m., there was a penny in the parking lot. Ten coins for the day. Not bad.

The Angels still had plenty of day to go … Doc and I had a plumbing job to tackle tonight. Made the essential night run to Home Depot. Doc and I evidently both walked right over a nickel, grabbed one of the items we needed, turned around and simultaneously discovered a very shiny mushroom nickel! It was not noticeable to either of us until we saw it from this Different Approach. Then there were three pennies in the check out area. (Coins #11-14)

At 11 p.m. I was anxious to go home and finish off the plumbing job so I could return phone calls, respond to emails, get letters FAXed and write todays’ Penny Tale. Doc detoured to McDonalds “for a drink”. (See Penny Fever) I wanted to strangle him! If there were no coins, he would be disappointed. If there were coins, I would have a longer tale to write! He was trying to keep this month’s daily average up. Grrr. A nickel and 2 pennies at the first (closed) window, then a dime and penny at the second window.

12:45 a.m. I asked Doc to proof this Penny Tale. I sat down on the floor to wait.
2:45 a.m. I awoke from my spot, have now grabbed a late-night snack and am finishing off this Tale to you. Just not enough hours in the day to deal with all the exciting opportunities.

Today’s total: 19 coins D (2), N(2), P (15)

Lesson: Once again realized that the desired “find” may not be visible from the original planned direction of travel, but may become glaringly evident when seen from a Different Approach.

No comments: