Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day #209 - Penny Fever

Today’s Penny Finding involved several other people.

Before my workout at the Fitness Center, I walked 15 minutes at the shopping center across the street. No coins at Albertson’s, the pizza place, the 99¢ Store, etc. Finally a penny just inside the door of the CVS as I was leaving. OK. Today’s minimum requirement was met.

After my workout, I searched the parking lot (finding Penny #2) and then the Circle K. A nice gentleman (Bill) asked if I was looking for something? I told him, “Yes - a penny to write Penny Tales”. I told him the story and he gave me a 1947 Wheat penny from the armrest of his truck. A nice gesture. J

Figured I’d better walk for 30 minutes in order to get some steps logged toward the 10,000 Step Team Challenge. A penny and nickel at the San Dimas KFC parking lot plus a penny at the window. Another penny in a nearby lot. (Coins #3-6).

Lowe’s was a great place to walk lots of steps in an air conditioned, traffic free zone. In the garden area there were two cashiers who politely asked if they could help me? I said they could help find a penny… They both began looking around! But we didn’t spot any coins. I did some more walking in the store and then saw one of the cashiers (Christina) at the main check out area. I playfully asked her if she was going to find a penny today. Her response, “I don’t think so”. A few minutes later I saw a penny near her and called her to retrieve it. Isn’t it great when the Penny Angels “show their stuff?” (Coin #7)

One penny at school under a vending machine. (Coin #8)

As we were driving home, Doc asked about the Hunting results for today.

He was not satisfied with merely 8 coins. McDonald’s drive through …. I spotted a penny at the first window, then discovered a dime next to it, then another penny. There were no other cars behind us, so we had time to Share the Joy with Diana who was really nice. At the second window there was a copper coin - 2 Cent Euro! (Valued at 2.8¢ U.S.) Doc spotted an additional penny in the lot. (Coins #9-13).

Until this month, 13 coins in one day would have been considered a great day. For the results so far in July, that is way below average. So we stopped at the Chevron station across the street. There was one penny by the pumps and another by the vacuum. (Coins #14&15).

That still wasn’t satisfying enough, so a quick run into the convenience store (it’s right at the corner where we turn for home). Both Doc and I missed the coin on the way in, but I spotted it upon exiting. I asked Doc to take the photo of it. Even though I pointed to it, he still did not see it! And it was a Quarter!

I walked next door to the Mexican Restaurant (coin hunting) while Doc searched the parking lot and found a penny (Coin #17).

Another “Hit for the Cycle” today!

The Fever is Spreading

1 comment:

Shirlee, Merril and Tim said...

Dear Tina-
What does a "Wheat Penny" look like?
Regards from Down Under.