Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day #215 - Back to Basics

These Penny Angels need one or two full-time assistants. While driving in to work today, some ideas came to me on ways to expand this Sharing of Joy. I’ve watched the smiles on so many people as they either share their penny stories or enjoy the ones I share. How can this “infection” be spread? How can more people catch Penny Fever? The ideas kept flowing for the rest of the day. Even though I was at work, in good consciousness I had to put “vacation” on my time sheet because I spent almost the whole day sketching the ideas which came through.

***************

This morning I wanted a quick penny find. Ventured to a different gas station and convenience store on my way to work out. I found four pennies -- all nicely embedded in the concrete (Forgone coins). My thoughts , “Surely with this many fixed coins, there must be some loose ones nearby.” There were. Two in the very rough cobblestones. Couldn’t see them from one direction. Then there was one penny inside the store on the floor by the register. (Coins #1-3) That meets today’s quota. Thanks Angels.

***************

Five minutes later at the Fitness Center, I spotted a penny a few feet from the truck. I reached for it, then turned back to the truck to lock up. There was a penny where I had just stepped! I bent to retrieve it and there was another penny and then three more. Six pennies collected before I locked my door! (Coins #4-9)

My trainer had not yet arrived, so the doors were still locked. I searched the parking lot and then inside the Circle K. Nothing. An attendant asked if she could help me find something. “Sure - today’s penny please!” and then I spotted the penny. (Coin #10)

After the workout I was hopping in the truck to leave. There was the Nudging: “Walk the lot”.

Tina: “Been there, done that this morning already”. Nudging: “Walk the lot”. Tina: “There is a huge semi-truck delivering beverages and parked across most of those stalls. Why bother?” Nudging: “Go walk it”. It took 2-3 minutes. I found a penny there. (Coin #11)

***************

I did call Doc after finding the first three coins today and asked him not to find any more. He called in this evening. He has been working with son Stephen since early this morning. When they went to the grocery store, Doc retrieved two pennies just outside of the store. He evidently missed them on the way in, but caught them on the way out. (Coins #12-13).

***************

Today’s Total: 13 Coins P (13) = $0.13

Today’s Lesson: Back to the Basics. Listening to the Nudgings and not really “forcing” the finds as we were doing over the weekend (the dozen challenge, the 25 coin challenge, etc.).

No comments: