Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, February 4, 2011

Day #777 - Bananas

More “quiet” progress on the house. I delivered the signed contract to the foundation/concrete company. That was a fun 30-minute meeting. I had edited their contract and clarified a few details. Good thing. They hadn’t planned on doing some items until I mentioned them.

After that meeting I stopped at a 7-11 store to look for coins. There was a coin-laundry next door so I went there. Should be coins in a place like that. Found one dime and shared a Penny Card with the gal who witnessed it. (Coin #1)

At the 7-11 store it was pretty busy. So I bought a banana in order to be able to dive under the counter while making a purchase. I managed a quarter and penny before I had to come up for air (and to pay the cashier who wondered what I was doing). But there was still a penny under there, so I gave the next customer a Penny Card and a smile as I kneeled by his feet to get the third coin! He was really nice and we chatted as we left the store together. JOY shared. (Coins #2-4).

A local grocery store was shutting down, so I quickly went through there to look for bargains. Nothing interesting, but I collected a dime and a penny. (Coins #5&6).

There were no cars in line at the Carl’s Jr. window, so I ran through there before getting back in my truck. One dime. (Coin #7). Bananas? Yes, I am.

When Doc got home from school he noticed the single banana in the fruit basket. Question: “Why would you buy only one banana?” Answer: “Because I paid 67¢ to collect 27¢ in change under the counter. Not a good return on investment”!

Thought: It helps to be a little “bananas” when Penny Finding

Total: 7 Coins P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.58

No comments: