Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day #774 - Dime Surprised

Yesterday we were damn surprised; today we were dime surprised.

This morning we met with Daryl, our Project Manager for a few hours. Reviewed lumber lists, contracts for the subs, cabinet designs, scheduling …. Trying to not think about the fact that we were supposed to be signing loan papers today.

***************

After Daryl left, Doc and I headed to the Duarte townhouse for a few little touch ups. (Some caulking, hanging fresh towels, putting some flowers out, etc.) The realtor showed the property over the weekend and had a few calls today. Things are looking hopeful.

We stopped at Home Depot for supplies. As we walked in, I did a SingSong and asked the Penny Angels to please provide a coin. I spent a frustrating 15 minutes at the Service Counter and was ready to leave when I noticed a quarter wedged very tightly in a crack at the counter. Ana, a sales associate wondered what I was doing. I gave her a Penny Card and explained. She handed me a screwdriver (tool) to assist with the extraction! A nearby customer and two other sales associates shared in the joy! (Coin #1)

I was satisfied, but Doc was not. While I was paying for our items, Doc was literally shaking out the rubber mat at a closed register! He collected 2 nickels and 2 pennies there, plus one at the register where I was paying. (Coins #2-6).

***************

As we were approaching the signal to enter the freeway onramp, Doc stated that we needed a dime to “Hit for the Cycle”. Then he looked out his window. SURPRISE! There was the dime! The signal was red, so he dove for the dime. (Coin #7)

Doc wanted to stop for coffee, but I told him after he got the work done at the townhouse. He worked quickly and we were soon on our way home. At Starbucks he spied a dirt penny in the planter. I hopped out to fetch it - and found another and another and another …5 pennies. (Coins #8-12). Doc then advanced to the window and collected his coffee and a quarter. (Coin #13)

***************

Now Doc was getting greedy. He wanted another dime to get a double “Hit for the Cycle”. So we stopped at a grocery store. I found a nickel and two pennies; Doc found two pennies. (Coins #14-18).

Doc has Penny Fever! He cruised through the high school parking lot, but there were many parked cars. And one little penny. (Coin #19). We were disappointed that the Angels did not provide the second dime as we had hoped.

Total: 19 Coins P (13), N (3), D (1), Q (2) = $0.88

Alchemy? After writing this Penny Tale I washed the 5 dirt pennies. SURPRISE! One of them was a dime -- the sought after second dime!

Revised Total: 19 Coins P (12), N (3), D (2), Q (2) = $0.97

Double Hit for the Cycle!

No comments: