Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day #799 - Clear Views

Doc obtained the first coin of the day (a nickel) at McDonalds where he got breakfast. (Coin #1). After that we went to Cal Poly Pomona to return all the props we had borrowed to use in our Kiwanis talk last Thursday. There were no coins found at the vending machines or in the study rooms which I searched.

Our next stop was an Open House at the newly-constructed home of our friends, the Stewarts. Their craftsman style home is very similar to what we have planned. I had the tape measure working full time and was investigating everything from concrete staining to lighting controls. It was fun and inspiring. The view from their home was gorgeous. The snow capped mountains today were breathtaking. You could see for miles.

***************

Doc said we needed to obtain coins before going home. We stopped in one shopping center and I had a penny within 10 ft. of the van. A very dirt-crusted penny. (Coin #2)

Doc was not satisfied with the day’s low coin count at that point. He insisted upon strolling through the high school parking lot. He spotted a nickel almost immediately and didn’t even bother to get out of the van to retrieve it. Sit-N-Find (Coin #3). Then he spotted a penny for me to hop out and fetch. (Coin #4).

Doc walked the parking lot and collected 4 pennies and one dime. (Coins #5-9). When we reconnected he said, “I hope you have a quarter.” Sure enough, I did! In my travels I had collected a penny and a quarter under a vending machine. (Coins #10&11). What a team! Hit for the cycle. Then Doc found another nickel and a penny as we were walking back to the van. (Coins #12-13). That man is talented!

Total: 13 Coins P (8), N (3), D (1), Q (1) = $0.58

No comments: