Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 31, 2011

Day #773 - Roasted Loan Officer

Someone asked me what I was having for dinner tonight. Answer: Roasted Loan Officer.

***************

Doc and Sparky went to Starbucks this morning and collected a penny, two dimes and a quarter. (Coins #1-4)

This afternoon I met with a woodworker. On the way home I noticed a stucco wall. Since Doc and I have been debating stucco versus gravity blocks, I stopped to investigate and sit on the wall. There were two pennies right next to it! God’s 2¢ worth. (Coins #5&6) Then, since it was in front of a 7-11 store, I couldn’t resist going in to hunt. One Penny there. (Coin #7)

***************

We were to begin construction at the beginning of the year. The bank has had one excuse after another. Last week it was: For Sure they would have our documents printed out and delivered to us on Tuesday, Feb 1st. This afternoon we received an email saying their clerk had made another error in generating our papers. It will be one more week before they can legally give us the corrected documents! We had construction scheduled to begin this Saturday.

***************

Tonight I needed to blow off steam so I went to a workshop. Of course I told about Penny Finding. After class on the way to my truck I asked the Penny Angels to maybe manifest a penny which would corroborate my story. I found a dime and a penny! So I ran back to share the joy with other people and found a penny near the door! (Coins #8-10).

Total: 10 Coins P (6), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.61

***************

PERSPECTIVE:

When I arrived home there was a message from our friends in Australia. Their town has been flooded. Shirlee (at age 81) had to evacuate last week, but is home tonight. She and her late husband built their mud-brick home over 50 years ago. There is a cyclone approaching and it is expected to add another 12” to the nearby river. They are making plans to evacuate again. She said, “It’s the state of waiting and Not Knowing which is so difficult.”

Tim used his DUKW (WWII amphibious army vehicle) to carry sandbags and transport 35 people out to build up the levee around the power station. If the electricity had gone off, then so would the phones, the sewage and other services. But, thanks be to God, the station was saved and about 1500 people who stayed in town were able to cope. Tim has been working nights with the State Emergency Services and getting about 4 - 6 hours sleep during the day. He slept at the petrol station for when the SES needed petrol”.

Shirlee’s comment, “It’s tough leaving and saying goodbye to everything in your home in case you never see any of it again.” Yet she was laughing and joking with me. A living example of positive outlook.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yes, keep a light heart!
Sending you lots of love!