Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day #1,086 - Going Spiral

This morning I visited 4 tile stores on the way to the jobsite. Needed grout, the last of the incoming tiles for the Medallion, and to pick up the tiles for the Penny Rug.

At the jobsite I found 12 persons working (to be read like the song 12 Days of Christmas): six guys landscaping; three Tilers tiling, two Painters painting and a person moving dirt in a Bobcat.

One of the reasons for building this new home is because I have always wanted a Spiral Staircase - on a 1-story house. Can’t find too many houses which meet that criteria. I was determined to order the Spiral Staircase today. Figured it would take a week. It is to be installed after the tile floor (which will be grouted Monday). I rushed to the Iron Shop to be there before 11 a.m. By Noon, the staircase parts and pieces were loaded into Pippy! After 20 years of visiting The Iron Shop and merely climbing on their display models, today I visited and finally bought one!

It was lunchtime, so I stopped at a sandwich shop to get some food for the workers. Found one penny there. (Coin #1)

When I returned to the jobsite, I wondered how I would offload the staircase pieces. HVAC Brian had decided to just drop by at that time, say hello, and drop off some home-grown grapefruit. “COINcidence” or perfect timing?

The rest of the afternoon was spent laying out tile, cleaning, and trying to catch up with some of my Action Items.

At 4 p.m. I shut down the house. As I went from room to room, I discovered at least a dozen pennies on window sills and other places. Someone is having fun with this.

***************

Doc visited a 7-11 store. He was going to park in one stall, but spotted a penny there, so parked in an adjacent spot and then collected the penny. (Sit-N-Find) He also found a nickel inside the store. (Coins #2&3)

Tonight I should log in my Penny Finds - I am 20 days behind on that task.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.07

1 comment:

Greg Kebbekus said...

How exciting, the library awaits. Pretty soon...