Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, December 7, 2009

Day #353 - Turning Point

As I was going to bed at 2:30 this morning I knew I should get sleep, but the book that I bought at the writing workshop yesterday was tempting me. On a Wing and a Prayer by Charles Filius. I really enjoyed the reading - but regretted it when the first alarm went off at 5:30. I had 3 alarm clocks set and when the final one sounded, Doc became a little perturbed and kicked me out of the bed. (He also reminded me that the Final Exam began at 7 a.m.). Uggghhh. Mornings are not my thing. Plus it was raining outside and I was getting dressed by flashlight. Tough start today.

I arrived at school and made up a Singsong while hiking to my office in the rain. “Good morning Penny Angels, What do you say? Please send a coin for the Honors Class today.” I quickly dropped my belongings in my office, passed through the study room, retrieved the requested penny, then made “Just in Time Delivery” to the class. I showed the penny and then gave each student a business card with a sticker on the backside telling them about the 1,000,000 Penny Smile Celebration on Day #365. Fun stuff.

After class as I was returning to my office, there were 3 pennies in front of the vending machines. The pennies were in the ‘space’ of the guy re-stocking the machines. So I smiled, pointed to the pennies and told him I would get those coins out of his way. He probably thought I was looney, so I told him about Penny Finding and gave him a business card to confirm that assumption. J (Coins #2-4)

Went back to my office to fetch a note to deliver to someone. As I passed by that vending machine once again there was a penny in my path. (Coin #5)

In the afternoon class, after the exam, I told the students that Day #365 was rapidly approaching. I gave them the business cards with the Celebration Date on the back and asked them to also be a part of the 1,000,000 Smiles - and to share it with their friends. We’ll see.

Later in the afternoon, Penny Fever hit. I wanted very much to go roaming for coins. But I resisted the temptation and kept on working. I had enough coins to write about today.

Today’s Total: 5 Pennies

No comments: