Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day #370 - Christmas Eve

The campus closed at noon today. As we were leaving the parking lot, Doc tossed me out of the van with instructions to find today’s coin. I found a penny as I exited the van, then a second one as I bent to retrieve the first one. Meanwhile Doc found a Sit-N-Find penny. (Coins #1-3).

Our Penny Fevers had been activated. I figured the Park & Ride lot would be a good Hunting ground since holiday commuters might be preoccupied and not paying attention to fallen coins. I did not find a single coin! But Doc found two Sit-N-Find pennies, one was on a white painted line which made it easier to spot (Coins #4&5).

Our son Brian and his fiancée invited us for a lovely and healthy dinner at their house. It was relaxing and delicious! What a treat. When we left it was 8 PM and too early to just go home … so we went Penny Finding! Besides, it would be fun to Share the JOY and pass out Penny Cards.

So as we traveled from Brian’s house to the freeway, we made a few stops.


At the CVS I walked into the store looking for coins. Walked right over one on the white tiled entryway. Doc was right behind me wondering how I could be so blind? Doc spotted another penny at the check out area, then one at the back of the store by a vending machine. We laughed. He was “my pointer”. He spotted the coin, stopped in his tracks, pointed and panted like a well-trained dog! (Coins #6-8).

Next there was Popeye’s fast food chicken. Two Shiny pennies under the window. (Coins #9&10). One penny at Walgreens (Coin #11)

7-11 stores are often good places to search. There was only one penny under the counter by the register. I retrieved it and then gave a Penny Card to the security guard who was wondering what I was doing. I Shared the PennyFinders story with him and a penny manifested by the ATM machine as if to validate what I was saying. Nice. (Coins #12&13). I needed to Share with at least one person today.

We stopped at the Chevron gas station near home in order to fuel the van. Doc found one penny in a concrete crack. (Coin #14)

Today’s Total: 14 pennies

No comments: