Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day #369 - Applied TLC

Doc and Sparky went for their morning coffee run to Starbucks. Once they had their caffeine and muffin fix, they cruised the high school parking lot. They found two pennies and called me at work to tease me.

The campus was almost deserted today. But that provided a good chance to get caught up on emails, class prep and other things.

Doc did come to campus for a few hours, brought me a snack, and made good progress on several projects. He called me as he was departing campus. He found a dime and a penny while driving through the parking lot. It is frustrating how the man can sit on his B### and find four coins that way today!

When I left campus, I said, “Penny Angels, I want to go home and am really not interested in looking for pennies or writing Penny Tales tonight. I will make ONE stop for you. Take it or leave it.”

I pulled into the Chevron gas station on the way home. Searched the gas pump area, the air hoses, etc. Found one plastic bottle. “Hey, Penny Angels, that bottle has a 5¢ redemption value. Does that count? Could I just take the bottle and go home now?”

Didn’t think so. “OK. I’ll go into the store, but that’s it!”

I entered the convenience store and did not see any coins near the cash register, coffee area, beverage station or refrigerator areas. Hmmm. And then …. right in the middle of an aisle - a Bright shiny penny! VERY noticeable. OK. Got it!

As I was exiting the store, I saw the slightest sliver of something under the magazine rack. Probably trash. I went and looked closer. Could be the edge of a coin. OK. Fingernail retrieval. Yes! A nickel! Those are the rarest coins. OK. That is better than the plastic bottle.


Got home at a reasonable time so Norman and I could install those new parts in the clothes dryer. It has been nearly a year since the dryer has been making those increasingly worse chirping noises. That wasn’t such a tough fix. Merely new drum supports and some lubricant. What an incredible difference! The dryer sounds great now. After 27 years it’s still working just fine.

Today’s Total: 6 coins P (4), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

Lesson: Amazing how small things can make such an irritating noise in our lives! Many times they just get worse and worse if we continue to ignore them. Maybe just a few minutes and a little TLC could make our drum rotate quieter and more effectively.

No comments: