Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day #1,261 - A Nice Day


This morning we were expecting the landscapers at 10 a.m. for some waterfall repair work.  We kept ourselves busy with moving furniture, touch-up painting, cleaning, etc.

At 12:30 p.m. the Pest Control service guys arrived.  They brushed off cobwebs, then sprayed the perimeter of the house. Preventative maintenance from the first week.
Cobweb Clearing

At 2:15 p.m. the landscapers arrived.  They adjusted the front sprinklers and repaired the punctured hose in the stream.  Tomorrow we can turn on the water and see if the fix has worked.

There was someone clearing the empty lot across the street.  Raul said the lot has been sold and the new owner wants to build. Been there; done that!  I got a 'reasonable' quote from Raul to come across the street and clear out our leaves and pull weeds.  He is scheduled to return next week for that.

Stream Repair
I was afraid I would be having serious parting pains after living 30 years and putting heart and soul into the Pomona house.  This afternoon I found myself wanting to get Pomona sold so that I could focus energy into the Penny Palace.

At 4:30 p.m. Doc and I headed out.  He stopped at the 7-11 for a coffee.  I didn't find any coins around the store, so I went next door to the car wash.  Found one penny. Yippee! Done.  (Coin #1)  One of the attendants saw me and said, "There is a shiny one over in that direction!"  I laughed.  I only walk through there maybe once a month.  He said, "I remember YOU!"   (Coin #2)



We next visited Rental House #1.  Doc spotted a dime in the alley before he even stopped the van.  I found a penny.  (Coins #3&4)  For the next hour we worked on the sprinkler system.

This evening we are at the Pomona house.  Doc collected all the plastic bottles and aluminum cans for recycling.  He agreed to spend 15 minutes working with me on packing - we tackled one closet.  While eating dinner I chipped a tooth.  Not a diversion I want to spend time on.

Doc is experiencing serious TV withdrawals.  So this evening he declared he wanted three hours of TV therapy.  While he is doing that, I am writing Penny Tales, cleaning out kitchen cabinets, checking emails, and logging in 3 weeks of Penny Finds.

I was concerned that once the construction was over, I might have fewer opportunities to share the Penny Finding story with people.  But today, I shared with three new people and gave them Penny Cards.  And those were all before even leaving the house!

Total:    4  Coins        P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: