Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day #1,268 - Slow Motion


Repairing Cabinet

It was frustrating to take my day in slow motion.  I was so very grateful that the Penny Palace has no steps either inside the house or leading to the main exterior doors.  (The spiral staircase does not count).  It sure made getting around the house or showering much easier with the injured leg.

This morning Doc graded papers while I did small tasks around the Penny Palace and tried to stay off my leg (for at least a few minutes every hour).  I worked out a deal with Doc.  I would let him grade for 50 minutes out of every hour without pestering him if he would then work with me for the remaining 10 minutes.  That way I could get boxes moved, light bulbs changed, tall things put on shelves, etc.

At 1 p.m. we headed to the Pomona house.  Stopped for coffee and two pennies.  (Coins #1-2).  Then stopped at the next shopping center where we found a dime and three pennies.  (Coins #3-6).  Doc dropped me off to get started on the work and Penny Tales while he went for lunch and a nickel.  (Coin #7)

Grading Exams
Around 6 p.m. we locked up the Pomona house.  Doc cruised through the High School parking lot on the way to the freeway.  Two pennies there.   (Coins #8&9)  Then I asked to detour to a 99¢ store.  One dime there.  (Coin #10).  As we were driving away, Doc spotted a Sit-N-Find penny.  (Coin #11).  The first discount store did not have what I was looking for, so Doc offered to stop at the Dollar store.  One penny there.  (Coin #12).

As we were driving down the freeway for home, I made the mistake of saying to Doc, “We have cruised high school parking lots, but never the College parking lot which is within walking distance of the Penny Palace.”  He replied, “You want to cruise there?  It is sunset and quite lovely right now.”  I said, “No. I just want to get home, feed the dogs, and put my leg up.”  Too late.  Doc had an outbreak of Penny Fever.  He cruised the parking lot.  We collected 5 pennies and one nickel.  (Coins #13-18).  One penny had been tar-sealed over and Doc had to chisel it out.  Such a daring Penny Rescue!



Total:    18 Coins        P (14), N (2), D (2), Q (0) = $0.44

No comments: