Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day #1,272 - Reroofing


We received a “First Notice” of non-compliance from the Homeowner’s Association.  Our lawn shed (Dragon’s Lair) must have Eagle 3124 concrete tiles like the house, versus the asphalt shingles it came with.  When I called the HOA rep to say the pre-fab lawn sheds are probably not designed for the heavier loads, he said to strengthen the shed, remove it, or veil it so the roofing can not be seen.   Grrrr…

I continued my daily ritual of calling Charter Cable Service.  Each day I get to speak to a new rep who reviews my case, says they must talk to a supervisor, puts me on hold for 10-40 minutes, comes back and says either they or the supervisor will call me back later in the day, and then does seemingly nothing!

By late morning Doc and I were frustrated.  We took Norman and headed to the Pomona house.  Doc stopped at Starbucks for coffee and a very worn dime.  (Coin #1).  We worked at the Pomona house until around 4 p.m. before Doc insisted upon lunch. I found a penny there.  (Coin #2).  We next made a stop for some greeting cards. I found one penny in the store. (Coin #3) While Doc paid for our items, I searched carefully around the store entrance. Saw nothing. Doc walked out and picked up a penny which was right there in the entry!  Mushroom coin?  (Coin #4).

We took Norman and the stuff home to the Penny Palace.  My leg has gotten much better, but a Chinese massage for the aching shoulders and neck sure sounded tempting.  So at 7 p.m. Doc and I made a run for the massage parlor.  J  Found a dirt penny in the planter there.  (Coin #5)

The grocery store is right next to the Foot Spa, so of course we dropped in there to look for dinner.  One Penny  (Coin #6)

Just before 9 p.m. we were on our way home to the Penny Palace with dinner in hand and looking forward to some soup and crusty bread.  Renter of house #1 called to say she had our rent money, could we meet?  (It is the 13th of the month, so, yes, we wanted to meet).  We turned around and headed back to meet with her.  We arrived a few minutes early, so Doc went in for a Starbucks coffee.  I walked the parking lot and collected a dime.  (Coin #7).  The renter arrived with her entire payment in $20 bills.  It felt like something from a TV action show - counting out small bills in a darkened parking lot.  She did have her daughter and sister with her plus a lovely plant to make amends for the late payment.

Total:    7 Coins        P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.25     

No comments: