Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day #1,282 - Miracle?


Miracle!  This latest cable company supervisor actually called us back!  She has “expedited our order” (after 5 weeks?).  She has arranged for the bury crew to lay the lines Monday between 8 and 12 and then for service to be connected Monday between 1 and 5.  Her name -- Penny!

I called Mike - the one cable guy who initially came out and seemed to know what he was doing.  I asked him if he could come out to do the connection (versus the first guy who told us our equipment was not what he needed and we would need to have our electrician modify things).  When Mike came out he told us our equipment was more advanced and professional than the typical phone lines and he was impressed.  It would make his connections so much easier and cleaner.

While I put sealer coat #1 on the staircase handrail, Doc installed the Master Bath towel rings and toilet paper holder.  Yipee!  Some progress.

Handrail Sealer First Coat

Towel Ring Installation

Early afternoon we headed for the Pomona house.  We only had 1.5 hours there since we had a 4 p.m. meeting back at the Penny Palace.  I managed to send some faxes, respond to some emails, place a product order or two, and deal with some necessary Property Management calls and action items.  Going to the Pomona house now is somewhat like going to ‘the job’ each day.

We did make a quick stop at a store to get a needed greeting card.  As I was paying for it, I noticed a dime and quarter across the aisle and peeking out from under the change counting kiosk.  I quickly dove for those and emerged with those two coins, plus 2-3 more!  So I stuck my hand underneath just to see what else might be there (with hopes that I would find coins versus chewing gum or spiders).  Total:  2 pennies, 2 dimes, and 3 quarters!

I shared my find with the cashier who was waiting for me to make payment.  I also gave him a Penny Card.  He shared how his Grandfather would go walking as his health was failing him and how he collected a whole jar of coins.  His family now sees coin finds as a sign from Grandpa.

Celebrating 25 Years of Marriage
By 4 p.m. Doc and I were back at the Penny Palace to work.  Raul had come to do some yard maintenance.  He sucked up the leaves (since there is no grass to mow) and treated the weeds.  Doc and I trimmed and tied up the front Wisteria, put expanding foam where the AC lines penetrate the house, and did a few other outside fix ups.

At 6 p.m. Raul left.  Doc and I showered quickly in order to Celebrate with Project Manager Daryl and his wife Daniela.  They had invited family and friends to share their Joy at a 25th Anniversary picnic in their back yard.  Nice.  Framer Danny and Tile Bob were also present, so it was a great time to thank them for their part in the Penny Palace and let them know about our experiences since move in last month.

Total:    7  Coins        P (2), N (0), D (2), Q (3) = $0.97

No comments: