Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, June 29, 2012

Day #1,288 - I Don't Care



Do you ever have days when you say: “I Just Don’t Care Anymore. I give up. I quit. I’m tired of fighting. Why keep doing this.”?  Today was one of those days.

***************
Doc and Sparky went for coffee this morning and saw a coyote in the front yard next door.

Sealer on Handrail
I set the sealing of Coat #3 on the handrailing as one of my Primary Objectives for today.  Thankfully that was done early.












Planting Rocks
This morning, the Phone Company Bury Crew arrived to clean and wrap up.  As of 5 p.m. last night we had our Primary Phone line working.  Now the Bury Crew could install the cover box, move the boulders, wash the markings off the street and seed the grass patch.  Their part of the day went well and by 10 a.m. they were driving away.  Yipee!

At 9:50 a.m. Anthony the cable guy arrived.  He started off by saying that he was here to install cable and internet.  I asked about phone.  “No, we hadn’t ordered that.”  Huh? We had ordered all three services back in April.  Since they took so long, we had the phone company take over and install the Primary Line.  With all the other screw ups this cable company has had, I did not dare cancel one of the ordered services for fear that would cancel the whole order and we would need to start from the beginning with them.

Anthony went upstairs to look at the junction box.  Technician Mike a few weeks ago had said what an incredibly nice wiring job we had.  It would make the installation wonderful - an installer’s dream.  Anthony said, “Damn this is complex” and it would be a huge job.  Not a good way to start.  Then he said the company stopped providing routers three days ago and we would need to go out and buy one in order to get both computers working.


Technician Luis arrived at 11:30 to install Phone Line #2.  We told him to treat it like a business line and please activate two jacks.  He made a few connections, but was having trouble testing the new number.  He called Charter Cable and they had not yet activated our line!  So he stood around waiting for over an hour.  When the line was active, he still could not get the jacks working as requested.  Around 3:30 I could tell he was frustrated and the job was more than he could handle.  I was about to ask him to call his supervisor.  Finally around 4 p.m. he said he had one phone jack working.  He was tired, hungry, and someone else would need to continue with any further work.  He was packing and getting ready to leave when we asked him to ensure the Primary Phone line was still working.  It was not.  More troubleshooting.

Doc and I were both working with the techs all day and giving each other “The Look”.  (As in -- I can’t believe this is happening.  Is this for real?  You’ve got to be kidding.  Did he really just say that?)


***************
MY internal circuits were fried from the incidents over the past 5 days.  I had reached a point where I was saying:

I don’t care if we have Internet.
I don’t care if we have phone.
I don’t care if we have TV.
I don’t care if that cute hummingbird just smashed into the window and left feathers there.
I don’t care that we just received Notice #2 from the Homeowner’s Association saying we need to reroof the lawn shed soon or face penalties.
I don’t care that the renter in Arizona reported an urgent water leak two days ago, the puddle is growing and the management company has not yet returned his call.
I don’t care that the dishes haven’t been done in two days.
I don’t care that the bank did not receive this month’s check which I mailed and now is sending nasty notes with the possibility of notifying the credit bureaus.
I don’t care that the boxes all over the house seem to be multiplying faster than rabbits.
I don’t care that I have a bloody nose and it looks ghastly.
I don’t care that people haven’t returned my calls.
I don’t care that two of my dogs are fighting each other almost hourly and drawing blood.
I don’t care that the staircase and other projects around here aren’t finished.
I don’t care that Doc wants to do something for our 30th Anniversary in four days and I am too burned out to plan anything fun or creative.
I don’t care that we are not close to being out of the Pomona house by June 30th as planned.

Just one small glitch in that thinking … I DO CARE and all that Does Bother Me!


***************
It was after 7:30 p.m. when Doc and I headed for the Pomona house.  We stopped to get Doc some eyedrops on the way.  While Doc studied his options, I searched for coins.  Nothing.  So I asked the Penny Angels to please be nice and open my eyes for today’s coin.  Within moments I found a penny behind where I was standing and waiting for Doc.  (Coin #1). 

Doc did not feel that one penny was sufficient, so he drove across the street to the gas station where I collected a second Penny.  (Coin #2)

Next we stopped to buy a router so that we can connect Doc’s computer.  We obtained dinner, a quarter and a penny at Johnny’s drive through burgers.  (Coins #3&4).

We collected the mail and worked at the Pomona House.  I was running on Empty.  I was totally spent and Doc knew it.  I pretty much was a “zombie” this evening.



Total:    4  Coins        P (3), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.28

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone needs an attitude adjustment.