Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 25, 2012

Day #1,284 - Crockpot Testing


Crockpot Testing


I thought today would be THE Day.  We would FINALLY get internet, phone and cable services installed.  We had 100% assurances from Supervisor Penny and it is the 25th of the month.  Even Doc’s blueberry pancakes turned out well this morning.

It had been years since I had made anything using our crockpot.  I had specifically positioned our microwave over a counter so it could be used to vent crockpots, rice cookers and other appliances which might release heat or steam.  Today I tested that plan.  It worked and Doc enjoyed the results.

Neighbors say they have enjoyed our posted banners, so today I put up a new one:  60% Moved In.

Hidden (?) Conduit
We waited and waited and waited for the cable company to arrive.  I kept busy with the handrail sealing and various other tasks, but was growing more and more frustrated on ANOTHER one of my days wasted on interfacing with the cable company.

Finally at 3:45 Cable Installer Ryan arrived.  He asked where the Cable Bury Crew was?  We wondered the same thing.  He made a call.  “The crew was scheduled for this afternoon ‘per customer request!’”  HUH?  No, we were guaranteed first thing this morning.  And besides, if they were scheduled for this afternoon as claimed, then where are they?  His response, “You don’t want to know”. 

I was assured, 100% guaranteed that the Cable Bury Crew would be out at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

By 6:45 p.m. Doc needed coffee and I needed to get away from the house.  We headed over to Pomona.  Doc got his coffee at Starbucks while I got a nickel and a penny.  We worked at Pomona until around 10 p.m.  Then we were both craving ice cream so we stopped at a grocery store.  I collected 3 pennies and a dime there.

Surely tomorrow will be the day?  Eternal Hope


Total:    6  Coins        P (4), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

1 comment:

JR said...

Tina cooks?