Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, August 3, 2009

Day #227 - Back to Normal

If this were a baseball game, would you only want to see when the batter connects or would you want to see the strikes as well? I’m not sure if I should tell you of the “failures” or only the hits?

This morning’s “chores” led Doc to Starbucks, McDonalds, the bank, the post office, then school for the day. He found zero coins. I went to the plumbing shop and convenience store on the way to school. Then I checked the parking lot, vending machines, student study room, walkways to other buildings, the Starbucks on campus, the game room in the student union, etc. Nothing. Finally I searched the food court. Half of the dining establishments are shut down for the summer with chain curtains draped across the entry. I said to the Penny Angels, “That would be really frustrating to spot a coin just out of reach on the other side of the chain. Sure enough - within 60 seconds, there was a coin! A Quarter - and definitely out of reach L I very much wanted that back scratcher I keep in the car for just such occasions. I managed to get my hand through the chain - to just past my wrist. Luckily I had a manilla file folder which was used to scootch the coin closer. Score! I was content. That was a tough one.

I found a penny at the top of the staircase as I was leaving the student union. (Coin #2).

I went next door to the Bookstore. Nothing. That place is super clean L. Outside I stopped next to one planter to write some notes. I was “nudged” over to the other planter. But I saw nothing? I moved a few feet left and barely recognized a penny in the dirt. (Coin #3) Follow those nudgings.

Today’s Total: 3 Coins Q (1), P (2) = $ .27

Glad today is a low-find day since I still have the past 3 days to write about ….

Tina

P.S. Remember last week when I said I should ask for 100 dollars versus 100 cents? Over the weekend a check did arrive. It was a reimbursement from work for over $100.

Next time I need to specify new money, not just reimbursement. J

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sometimes you just have to be so darn specific, huh? Well at least those Angels are listening

Sandy