Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day #229 - Money Laundering


Doc needed to start his day with an Egg McMuffin and Starbucks, so off we went …

I did not see anything when I walked up to the McDonalds drive through window.

I was standing there waiting to pay when I noticed the quarter at my feet! Doc spotted a penny from inside the car. Then I grabbed another penny before arriving at the pick up window. (Coins #1-3).

Starbucks drive thru lane: I dug 6 dirty pennies out of the planter as I was waiting to get to the pay window. (Doc’s job is to “launder” the money). Then two dimes and a quarter below the window. Nice collection. (Coins #4-12).

Our son emailed information about a parcel of land which just went up for sale. Remember this whole Penny Finding stuff began as a response to our “Dream House Building Dilemna”? So tonight we went to look at that parcel. Talk about timing. The neighbor came out to talk to us for at least an hour. He is a retired contractor and gave us a wealth of information. Priceless!

After looking at the parcel Doc and I were starving, so we stopped for groceries, then dinner. One penny at the Trader Joes as we were leaving. (Coin #13)

9:15 p.m. We were ready to head home, but the Del Taco and McDonalds were calling to us. As I hiked across the parking lot, I was thinking, and then Doc actually said, “You can’t find pennies at night in a parking lot.” Bet me. I immediately found two pennies. Then one more at the Del Taco. Then another one in a parking aisle. (Coins #14-17).

9:30 p.m. Doc needed some cash so we headed for the bank. We simultaneously noticed the In-N-Out lines. Zero cars on one side and only one car in the other lane. Not often we get to check there. Plus they keep that facility pretty clean. What the heck … Doc tossed me out of the van to “do some walking” while he went to the teller machine. I found a dime at the vacant window. Then another dime as I “hung around” waiting for the car to move. One penny found when the car finally left. (Coins #18-20).

Got to the van and was ready to leave. Aw, heck, 3 more minutes and a few more steps to breeze through the grocery store. Nothing one way, nothing back the other way, but then just as I was leaving, a penny by the cigarette display! Coin #21. OK. Done for today.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to brush off some very dusty house plans and see if they could be adjusted to fit on this much smaller parcel of land.

Total for the day: 21 coins Q (2), D (4), N(0), P (15) = $1.05

No comments: