Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day #235 - In Limbo

The situation with the new property is similar to the situation when Doc and I were dating. There was no formal marriage proposal, things just developed as a natural course of conversation. Similar to “Hey, we are going to the grocery store, what do we need to get?” With the wedding it was just normal conversations in taking care of the various aspects. Same here. Today we were talking about who will get the soils test? Who will get the surveyor? Legal description? Meeting with HOA architectural committee? Etc. We plan to implement those action items beginning tomorrow ;-)

Yesterday the Realtor said the bank’s decision should be quick and easy. We should have results by bank closing today. When the phone rang at 3:45 Doc jumped for it - I was on the other phone with the flooring company regarding the cabin floor. It was a wrong number! Grrr. At 4:25 I emailed the realtor. She called back immediately. No info today, maybe tomorrow ….

***************

The Penny Angels still seem to be indicating a “go ahead” for us. This morning I went to the fitness center, then the dollar store. Doc called to see how many coins I had found - zero so far. Then as I was talking to him, a shiny new Lincoln Log House penny appeared. It was right in the aisle where I had walked just 15-20 seconds prior. I was telling Doc how this coin had magically appeared when a second one popped up where I had been standing! (Mushroom coins). They were each shining like beacons. Doc was laughing on the phone saying: “See how much better things are when we are doing things together?” I ended the call with him and was recording the find on the cassette player when I spotted a dime. (Coin #3).

Upon leaving the store, I realized I should reach 5000 steps before getting to the truck because I would likely be sitting at the computer the rest of today. I began walking and passed a few outdoor little metal tables. Was that a penny under one table? Yup. Then another, and another, followed by a shiny log cabin penny! (Coins #4-7).

No coins in the CVS or Starbucks. I was walking in the parking lot thinking of Norma and her baby. Wishing I could be with her at the appointment with the baby doctor and sending loving thoughts her way. A shiny penny appeared in my path (Coin #8).

Doc and Sparky found one penny in the Chili’s parking lot on their morning coffee run (Coin #9).

This evening Doc and I went for dinner - to brainstorm and list some steps to take in the next 7 days. We emerged after 9 p.m. There was a Carl’s Jr drive through window just at the other side of the parking lot … I found a penny there. Doc was not to be outdone. The parking lot was dark, but he somehow spotted a penny in a rut. I could not see it even when he pointed at it! We laughed saying “The Penny Angels offered their 2¢ worth in tonight’s meeting as well”. J

Total for the day: 11 coins D (1), P (10) = $0.20

Lesson: Keep trusting that the best will happen.

No comments: