Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, October 7, 2011

Day #1,022 - Perfect Timing

This morning I headed out to the jobsite to meet a door delivery. I was told it would be between 8-10 a.m. and I dreaded the thought of “hanging around” for two hours. Just as I pulled up to the curb, the delivery truck pulled up behind me. Perfect Timing.

***************

On the way to the jobsite I had spotted a Median Penny, but there was too much morning traffic and the signal was about to turn green, so I could not collect the coin. As I was driving home, I said, “Hey Penny Angels, should we go back and rescue that penny? I might need your help with this one.” I turned the corner and then was planning to make a U-turn. There was a police car right where I wanted to turn, so instead I drove down to the next driveway of a shopping center. I was exiting back onto the street when Doc and Sparky drove up next to me. Perfect Timing!

Doc had just obtained breakfast from Subway and asked what I was doing. He is precious. I proceeded back into the intersection and he followed! He ran cover for me so I could hop out and rescue the penny. Good thing since my seatbelt caught and I needed a few extra seconds to readjust. (Coin #1).

***************

This afternoon Doc ran all sorts of errands while I spent hours looking at bathroom and other tiles. He found one penny in the parking lot at Best Buy. (Coin #2)

This evening around 7:30, Doc decided we needed to go to the grocery store for dinner. I agreed if we could also drop off a check for one of the subs and get a Thank You balloon for someone else. While Doc went to the grocery store, I went next door to the Dollar Store. We got a penny at each place. (Coins #3&4)

Total: 4 pennies

No comments: