Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day #1,033 - Expecting

I was expecting several things today.

The replacement doors were expected at 9 a.m., so I was at the jobsite by 8:45. The truck arrived at 9:30. The molding delivery was expected at 10 a.m., it arrived after 11. I was expecting one crew to be putting the caps on the retaining wall, they did not show up.

I was not expecting the stucco crew to return until Thursday. They arrive today with a full crew and began the color coat. I was expecting the tile samples I ordered 10 days ago to have arrived by now. When I called the tile store, they had no record of my order. Matthew the Finish Carpenter began working today. I was not expecting him until tomorrow.

After leaving the jobsite, I stopped at a 7-11 store expecting to find a coin or two. I found 8 pennies, 3 dimes, and a quarter. Coin Mine! (Coins #1-12)

When I arrived home, I found a Love Note from Doc which I was not expecting:

At the grocery store coin counting machine he found a 10 sen Piece from Malaysia (Foreign Coin). That is 1/10 th of the Malaysian Ringgit (dollar). He also found: 4 pennies, 8 dimes, and 2 quarters! (Coin Mine) (Coins #13-26)

Total: 26 US Coins P (12), N (0), D (11), Q (3) = $1.97 + 10 Malaysian Sen

Double Coin Mine

2 comments:

Chaz DeSimone said...

I was not EXPECTING pennies from heaven the other day.

PennyFinders said...

That's because you were EXPECTING DOLLARS from your clients instead of PENNIES from HEAVEN.