Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day #1,035 - Trash Day

Five weeks since the Day #1000 Celebration. There was no drywall at that time. Big changes in these past few weeks.

Had some errands to run before getting to the jobsite. One stop was for that ¼ round molding. Choice A not available for 4 months. Choice B not available. Choice C is 3 times the cost of A and I’m too cheap to pay that much for third choice! Back to search mode.

At the jobsite two crews were working: stucco and finish carpentry. The stucco crew completed all the light color stucco on the house and began working on the detached garage. The finish guys completed the molding arround all the doors.

Daryl arrived just after 3 pm and he and I spent the next two hours hauling loads of trash into the dumpster. There was no dumpster on site for 10 days, so much trash had accumulated in various piles. By the end of our dumpster digging, I had yellow stucco all over me and it looked like … uhh a big bird had dropped on me! That is the way I went to the store.

Remember last week we found the perfect paint color swatch, but when I had it mixed and took it home, the color was nowhere close to the swatch and looked horrible next to the fireplace? I took the paint back to the store the following day and the GUY there tried everything he could think of to get the correct color. He finally said, you’ll need to talk to Cyndi. So today I went back to Lowe’s. As I walked across the parking lot I said, “Decorator Angels, please guide Cyndi in mixing this paint”. I explained the situation and Cyndi mixed the paint. Batch 1 was not close, so she tried again. I now have a sample of Batch 2 drying on my kitchen counter. Let’s see what it looks like in the Grand Room tomorrow.

Lesson: When the GUYS can’t figure it out, ask a GAL to do it! (and the Angels as well).

There was a carwash next to Lowe’s so I walked over there to find today’s coin. I searched and searched. There were dozens of coins in the fountain and I could have easily scooped up several, but that goes against Penny Protocol, so I kept searching. Finally found a penny and then a quarter by the propane tanks! (Reward for playing fairly?) (Coins #1&2).

I had a craving for bread and soup, so stopped at Trader Joe’s for bread. Two pennies there. (Coins #3&4).

It is 9:30 pm and Doc is coming through the front door. Bye!

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.28

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Stop saying it looks so yellow! It looks beautiful!!!Like the sun!!! I can't believe it's stuccoed!