Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day #1,044 - Double Impact

It’s Not the Money, it’s the Message!

How many times have we been shown that over the past 1,044 days?

Today one penny had Double Impact.

We went to the cabin to grade midterm exam papers, but Doc awoke feeling really lousy. Throughout the week he had been getting a sore throat, cough, etc. and I think staying at work until late, sweeping rat poop and cleaning the solar car was too much for him. This morning he was not capable of much. His solution, “We need to go for decongestion medicine and breakfast before I can do anything!”

Outside the RiteAid store Doc spotted a dime and a quarter by the newspaper stands, but had me fetch them since he did not have the strength. I held those in my left hand. A few feet further along, he collected six quarters in the Sunday newspaper rack! (Note it is Saturday). I held those in my right hand. Notice that Doc found all silvers. We went into the store and I found a shiny penny (my copper). I then opened my left hand to find the first quarter we found had become a nickel! Now we had a Hit-for-the-Cycle. Alchemy? (Coins #1-9)

When returning to the van, I found another penny and Doc found a dime. Again the silver and copper. (Coins #10&11)

***************

Next we stopped at a grocery store. Doc was paying for his items in one lane, so I wandered over to the next lane. There was a penny within inches of a customer’s pedicured and sandaled toes. There was no way to obtain it without almost pushing her aside. She was waiting for a price check or something and I was too impatient to wait, so I asked her if I might have the penny under her. She stepped about 8 ft. aside to let me get it. (Coin #12) I had a ‘nudging’. I gave her a Penny Card with the most energetic smile I could create. I said something like, “to me a penny is just a little reminder that there is a Source really powerful which is all around us and we can tap into it for good things, bad times, whatever as needed. You see, I had this project and asked for help … that was 1044 days ago…” She looked at the card, then looked at me and gently said, “Wow! I REALLY needed to hear that today. THANK YOU so much for that”. I could tell there was something really deep inside her which needed a moment of joy and comfort.

Meanwhile Doc’s cashier was busy talking to him, but I could tell she had one ear to what I was saying as well. So I gave her a Penny Card as we were leaving. As we left the store, Doc said “Thanks for giving her a Penny Card too. She was almost crying with your story. Her son-in-law was just killed. He was 4 days shy of having 20 years in the military. He leaves behind her daughter with a 10-month-old baby. She was very grateful for your uplifting story and reminder of a higher Source.” Her comment to Doc “What a wonderful journey throughout those days”.

Double Impact!

Lesson: Your words can affect more persons than you realize. Some intentionally, others not.

JOY Moments! That is one reason for Penny Finding

Total: 12 Coins P (3), N (1), D (2), Q (6) = $1.78

No comments: