Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day #1,156 - More Visitors

We began our adventures today with a drive thru breakfast at McDonalds. Three pennies and four dimes collected there. (Coins #1-7)

Next we made several quick stops: Rental Property #1, a Tool Shop, a Paint Store, the Fixture Shop and Home Depot. No coins at any of those. Then Doc stopped for coffee. Super Shiny penny found there in the driveway. (Coin #8)

We arrived at the Penny Palace at 1 p.m. Brenda (one of our subcontractors) was there to show the project to a friend of hers. I like to see the expressions of first-time visitors. Somewhat like a kid seeing Christmas decorations and smiling with the JOY of the moment.

It has been said that the Grand Room of the Penny Palace resembles the lobby of a hotel. Hopefully that means it feels welcoming to guests. I really should create a guest book for visitors to sign. That would be fun.

Daughter-in-Law Laura came by for a few minutes to drop off something. She likes the Aussie room. I’m anxious to get the boomerang award and other mementos placed in there.

Doc and I did some clean-up work, concrete stain testing, hauling tiles, and work on the tile stream. By 6:30 I was frustrated by the lack of progress and gave up. I was not in a good mood. Doc took the van “off roading” to make me smile. We drove away from the Penny Palace using the circular dirt, but soon-to-be, concrete driveway for the very first time. That was fun.

On the way home we stopped at Lowe’s to get curtains for Rental #1. Then a quick stop for a Mexican counter meal where I collected a dime and a penny. (Coins #9&10).

This evening we are working on tax stuff and other “fun” things.

Total: 10 Coins P (5), N (0), D (5), Q (0) = $0.55

No comments: