Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day #1,164 - Inaugural Flush




This morning Doc met son Brian for a cup of coffee. He dragged me along saying, “you don’t have to drink coffee - you can go Penny Finding”. I went and spent the time with Brian and his Fiancee. That was nice. Then I collected three pennies in the parking lot as we were leaving. (Coins #1-3)

This afternoon Doc and I went to the Penny Palace where we hoped to meet up with the Phantom plumber. Too late. He had already struck. The faucet was installed in the dining room, the Master tub and shower handles were in place, and the four toilets were installed. Doc and I went around the house and garage giving each toilet an Inaugural Flush.

***************

This evening Doc and I performed our weekly grocery shopping. At the second store I spotted a penny in check-out aisle 1 when we first entered the store. There were too many people for me to charge in there and get it. By the time Doc and I checked out, that lane was closed and there was no penny to be found. So I looked more intensely - and found a dime and two pennies. (Coins #4-6).

Doc asked if I wanted to check out of aisle #2 or #4? Without hesitation I said, “Aisle 4”.

As Doc put the groceries on the conveyor, I spotted one penny, a nickel, and a quarter! Hit for the Cycle! (Coins #7-9).

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.46

No comments: