Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day #1,157 - On the Money

This morning on the way to the Penny Palace Doc stopped for coffee. I took Sparky out for a walk. I did a SingSong to the Penny Angels. Sparky and I walked past the closed drive up window at the nearby fast food place. No coins. I looked and looked. Sparky decided to leave a pile right there in the planter by the window. I was not prepared with anything to clean it up. Poop! Then I found the bag of Penny Cards in my pocket. I emptied out the cards and then used the plastic bag to scoop the pile. Barely showing in the redwood bark mulch, was a penny right net to Sparky’s pile. He was almost “On the Money”. (Coin #1)

As Sparky and I walked back to the van, I was laughing. Found a quarter in the parking lot near the bank. (Coin #2).

Doc and I spent a few hours at the Penny Palace. Mostly working on the tile stream. We left at 3 p.m. and Doc needed a snack. Fish and chips and one penny at the Jack’s drive up window. (Coin #3)

***************

This evening we had dinner plans with friends who retired from Cal Poly Pomona 11 years ago. They now live in Wisconsin. 4 degrees (F) when they left home. Yikes! On the way to meeting with them I said, “Penny Angels, how about providing a penny while we are with the Rathmanns to let them witness this craziness!” We were shown to a booth, but the gentlemen did not like that spot, so we requested another table. We were asked to go stand in the lobby near the podium. We did. And there was a penny on the floor! I guess the Angels were marking “our spot!” (Coin #4)

Time flew as we enjoyed a delightful meal and conversation. As we stood and walked away from the table, there was a penny in our path. The Angels put in their 2¢ worth for that dinner. (Coin #5) Fun stuff.

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.29

No comments: