Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, April 6, 2012

Day #1, 204 - Goodbye Landscapers

This morning we had an unexpected detour before getting out our front door. A letter from the Housing Authority (for Rental #2) arrived which requested additional contracts and agreements. We had to scramble to makes calls and take action on that.

We made a quick stop at Subway for breakfast sandwiches to go. I asked the Penny Angels to please provide an early and easy coin today. Doc opened his van door and immediately found a nickel.

We arrived at the jobsite a few minutes before 9 a.m. to find Ironworks Jimmy already installing the driveway gate. It is really impressive. Then he hung Doc's wagon wheel which Doc enjoyed spinning.

The garage floor epoxy is still tacky. I know ‘cause I put my hand on it - yuck!

Landscapers Rod and Eddie did their final walk through and said their project was finished. Although Eddie did ask when we plan to put the plants in the back yard… I told him we needed to focus time, energy and finances on getting Moved In! We might need a sofa before we get more landscaping.

Doc and I did a few things like getting all the window screens out of storage so Window Brian can install them. Doc continued to take solar readings. He was excited to see 6 KWatts being generated.

***************

We locked up the house at 4 p.m. and headed for Home Depot to get supplies for the mailbox post. I was disappointed that I did not have any coins yet for today. We put our purchased merchandise in the van and I was returning the shopping cart. I said, “Look Angels, why so stingy yesterday and today? Where is my coin?” Instantly there was a penny.

***************

I was anxious to get home and get to work on numerous projects tonight. Doc said (in not so many words) that he wanted to go out for dinner and relax. We were both dressed in filthy, stained, tattered work clothes and work boots. I told him we were not presentable to go anywhere. He didn’t care. He wanted an all-you-can-eat buffet. We went. We were seated in a back room by ourselves - after passing several empty tables in the main eating area! LOL

That was our ‘intimate, romantic dinner’.

I was impressed with Doc when we got home. Instead of going inside to watch TV, he carried the lumber and supplies to the garage. Then, as I fed the dogs, he laid out the tools and chopsaw! We cut, sanded, drilled, screwed and painted the mailbox post until 10 p.m. It’s looking really neat! Needed to get it prepared for possible placement tomorrow.

This evening a dear friend offered to assist with the design of the Penny Palace Open House invitations. That will be such fun to have all of you come see the place.

Total: 2 Coins P (1), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.06

No comments: