Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, April 16, 2012

Day #1,214 - Touch Ups


Last night I went to sleep anticipating the coming week. Tonight I am asking “is it Friday yet?” (Not that it matters since we work this project 7 days a week). No, nothing bad happened, it’s just that when you are pouring heart and soul into it all day, the energy level is a bit lowered by late evening. I’m sure most people experience that with their JOB.

This morning I stopped at Target for a gift card. Not a single coin to be found there! I stopped at a 7-11 store for a bottled water. (I treat myself to a new bottle at the beginning of the week and then re-fill it the rest of the week). Got two pennies there. (Coin #1&2).

The next stop was a vacuum repair shop. The bearing on the roller bar of our vacuum failed this past week. The service technician said my vacuum is 25 years old, the company went out of business ten years ago, the repair part was is longer available, and he would credit me $50 toward a new vacuum. This evening I went on line and ordered the part for $40.

While I was in the vacuum shop I did find a coin hiding in a corner. It was a Belgian 10 cent piece. (Coin #3).

Needed to make a quick stop at Home Depot. 80% of the bristles on my grout sealing brush have broken off. Guess I have over-used it recently. Time for a new brush … plus a penny and a nickel at check out. (Coins #4&5)

***************

I thought I was going to be alone at the Penny Palace, but Stucco Uncle and Nelson came to complete work on the stucco color coat and Touch Ups.

A neighbor, Maureen, stopped to introduce herself and say how much she and her husband enjoy the beauty of the Penny Palace. Shared Joy.

One of the Landscaping guys (Angel) arrived to do some Touch Up work (spray painting the green pipe caps, hiding some exposed pipes, etc.).

***************

I had to leave the PP at 1 p.m. for my monthly physical therapy session. Doc was at school all day. One third of the school term is now completed. This evening I am working on the finances for the PP and lots and lots of emails. Getting close to that Finish Line.

Total: 5 Coins P (3), N (1), D (0), Q (0) + one foreign = $0.08 + ??

No comments: