Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day #1,209 - Deserted

Yesterday there was lots of traffic at the Penny Palace; today it was deserted.

The finish line is in sight, but it felt as if we were approaching it in slow motion -- as in a scene from a movie playing at a delayed setting.

Not quite sure why today was so slow. There was a little rain, the window washer hurt his knee on another job yesterday, the stucco guys need to let the brown coat cure, the iron gates are at the paint shop, Project Manager Daryl had other jobs, the garage cabinets are being made, the garage floor epoxy is still curing and Doc and I had taxes to work on. Thus, no on-site activities.

This evening around 7:30 p.m. it was time to get out of the house, get some dinner, and go grocery shopping. The fridge was empty and Norman was very worried since there was only one can of dog food remaining.

At the first grocery store I noticed some debris where we parked. I went over to clear it out of the tree and Doc questioned my actions. As I went to throw away the ribbon and dead balloons, there was a quarter waiting for me. Reward for a good deed. (Coin #1)

At the third store I collected 4 pennies (one which required an arm extender) and stepped right over a dime! (Coins #2-6).

Doc found a penny this morning when he went to Starbucks. (Coin #7). This afternoon he found a quarter at the medical clinic when he went for a routine blood test. (Coin #8) He was a bit marble-mouthed tonight after he had a tooth filled today.

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (2) = $0.65

No comments: