Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day #1,217 - To Be Continued?


I was wondering if the Penny Finding would continue after getting Sign Off? How long can this continue? Until Move In?

Doc put in a full day at school; I put in a full day at the Penny Palace.

By the time the cabinet installers arrived at 9:30 a.m. I had already sealed the tile grout in the foyer, taken solar array readings for Doc, contacted The Gas Co. about the new meter, cleaned and a few other things.

A neighbor, Natalie came over to say ‘welcome’ and deliver a beautiful bowl with red Begonias.

Our Architect Debbie came to visit! It was wonderful to share with her the positive comments from so many people.

The cabinet installers finished their work around 5:15 at which point I locked up the house. I figured with just three cabinets they would be done by early afternoon and I could run for supplies. Not the case.

***************

I was exhausted as I drove away from the Penny Palace and said, “Good Afternoon Angels. Is this Penny Finding stuff going to continue? I am going to make ONE stop at the gas station between here and the freeway, so you have one chance to deliver”.

At the gas station I spotted a coin. (Coin #1) Could not figure it out. Still haven’t determined its country of origin. I said, “OK Angels. Nice. That is three Foreign Coins recently. Does that mean travel in our future? A foreign coin is nice, but I think it needs to be a US coin to count for Penny Tales.” Instantly there was a penny in my path.

Inside the convenience store I was in line to purchase a cold beverage. The nice guy behind me was a witness as I picked up a wayward nickel. I gave him a Penny Card and told him about Penny Finding. And then there was a second nickel! (Coins #3&4). Wow. Nickels are the rarest finds of the four major coin types. I guess the Penny Angels want to continue their game.

Total: 4 Coins P (1), N (2), D (0), Q (0) + one foreign = $0.11 + ???

3 comments:

Chaz said...

Penny Angels would be sad, along with your readers including me, if you quit finding pennies now. After all, it’s not the coins themselves, but the faith and promise and fun and joy behind penny finding that built the Penny Palace and just might lead you to a vacation abroad?

Sabrina said...

Well I for one would be sad to not get a daily email from you - but I can't imagine the time it must take you everyday to write the tale. I believe this is such a devotional to tenacity and faith and I truly look forward to them daily!

JR said...

JS says the foreign is a 1949 10-Yen coin from Japan.