Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day #624 - Rewards

Doc insisted upon going out to breakfast this morning (yuck) and then to a coffee shop which he really likes (steak, biscuits and gravy, hash brown potatoes). I reluctantly went along because if I didn’t, he would probably not cooperate with me the rest of the day. I was rewarded with a quarter as I was paying for the meals and then Doc found a penny as we were exiting.

Our next stop was the 99¢ Store. Doc collected a penny at the check-out while I was paying.

***************

The rest of the afternoon was spent on football watching (Doc), paper pushing, laundry, and household chores (Tina). At sunset we went for a romantic drive over to the Duarte townhouse where Doc watered the backyard plants while I watered the front yard.

***************

This evening there was an email from one of my engineering students. He was just saying hello and “thanks” for the things we learned in class - especially on time management. He has found some of the techniques and exercises to be effective in planning his “leisure summertime”. Rewarding to get such notes.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.27

No comments: