Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, September 6, 2010

Day #626 - Temptress

Bobbie, a friend of ours from Tucson, AZ was in town and wanted to “hang out with us”. We blocked most of the day for her and didn’t expect to do much else. She arrived this morning and began asking about the new house. So we spent the rest of the morning looking at our new house plans and my color samples and flooring samples and … that was motivating. Of course she wanted to know the details about our Guest Room!

Next Bobbie wanted to see the property! So we drove out there. Our neighbor-to-be, Craig came over to say hello to us. He once again spent an hour giving us all sorts of advice, contact names and hindsight (he used to be a contractor).

***************

Our tummies were rumbling, so it was time for a lunch stop. We each had large lunches and should have been satisfied. The restaurant is known for it’s excellent pies, so Bobbie tempted Doc into having berry pie a la mode! I was trying hard not to be tempted by their indulgences and finally excused myself to go Penny Finding while they feasted. I said (out loud) that I was going out to find a coin.

I stood up, walked about 10 ft. and found a penny before even exiting the restaurant! (Coin #1). I showed Doc and Bobbie. Bobbie replied, “Go for 3 coins - one for each of us”. So I ventured forth while they ate. I found a penny at the McDonald’s drive up window. (Coin #2). Then I found an embedded nickel. (Coin #3). So technically I did find 3 coins as instructed, but only have possession of two.

This evening Doc and I went over the new house plans and tried to do some cost-cutting brainstorming. Tomorrow it’s time to get more focused on that project.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.07

No comments: