Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day #631 - Nudged

This morning I was “nudged” to call the guy back regarding the 38 Chevy parts. I had spoken to him last month regarding the purchase of some of our ‘no longer needed’ car parts. He lives in the Reno area, so he was going to have his brother-in-law (who lives in San Bernardino) get the parts from us. He said he would call me when he was ready.

I was “nudged” to call John this morning, yet argued back with the angels. “No, he said he would call me. I don’t want to be pushy”. But the nudging persisted, so I called. John answered and said, “Oh good! I lost your phone number and didn’t know how to reach you!” I told him I would be driving out to San Bernardino later this week and might drop off the parts. John called his brother-in-law who just happened to be working within 2 miles of our house this morning! By 11 AM the parts were sold off. (Which amounted to more than 1¢).

Lesson: Listen to the Nudgings

***************

Doc and Sparky got a nickel when they went for breakfast at McDonalds. (Coin #1)

At 11:30 AM Doc and I headed out to do errands. At the very first stop light Doc looked left and then hopped out of the van to collect his median find. (Coin #2).

At one of our stops, Doc was getting a replacement battery while I hunted. Found a dime under a Red Box video kiosk. (Coin #3)

***************

At the gas station the gal at the convenience store recognized “Penny Lady” and asked about finds today. I said I would go out to the gas pumps and look around since there were none found in the store. I found one within a minute or two. Then I was walking back to the van and found a second penny right where the first had been found. And when I picked that one up, there was a third one! (Coins #4-6). Another customer witnessed my two finds, so I told him the penny story and gave him a Penny Card. Shared JOY.

Of course I went back into the store and showed the cashier the three pennies. She smiled.

Total: 6 Coins P (4), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: