Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 17, 2010

Day #637 - Ultrasound

At 5:30 this evening Doc approached me and declared, “It is time for you to get off your butt, get out of those pajamas, and get out of this house for a while!” From the time my feet hit the floor this morning, until he made me quit, I had been totally consumed with New House Stuff.

There were calls to Edison for power service, emails on insurance, calls on various potential subs, research on drop down staircases and numerous other actions.

The main focus today was the ceiling / roofing design. There were at least 30 emails back and forth with a truss designer - a Penny Pal in Yuma, AZ who has been part of this building team for several years now. He had some innovative ideas for the Grand Room which even got Doc excited!

Note: This is not really Doc’s dream. He could take it or leave it. When asked earlier this week if Doc would rather build this house or a solar car, the question had not even been fully asked before Doc answered with “Solar Car of course!”

My response: “We spent a decade building 3.5 of those solar cars. Time for the house now”.

***************

At 6 PM we headed out. Just a few moments into our journey we almost got sideswiped - on my side of the car! The Penny Angels were there to protect us.

I wanted to placate Doc and have dinner with him, but then get right back home and work more on the house stuff. He went cruising for pennies. He drove the high school parking lot, but didn’t see anything. So he insisted we get out and walk! He searched the parking stalls while I headed to the skateboard park.

I carefully looked at the approach to the skateboard park. Nothing. I slowly walked the entire perimeter looking carefully at the planters, table areas, etc. Nothing. I was leaving and declared out loud, “Penny Angels I know there is a penny somewhere here. Show me.” Within 2 seconds there was a penny to my right side in the planter under a bush.

I picked up the penny and said, “Thank You for that”. And then there was a penny in front of me! I picked it up, said, “Thank You Penny Angels for your 2¢ Worth”, turned to look behind me, and there was a third penny! As I was exiting the skate area, there was a penny in the approach area - but I had already looked there!

***************

Doc and I decided to be adventurous and try a new restaurant; nice Asian dinner. (It helped that we had a discount coupon for it). Of course we discussed the house the entire time! Then we went grocery shopping since the fridge was really empty. One nickel at Trader Joe’s.

***************

This house is like my ‘child’ to which I am giving birth. Pregnancy can be really uncomfortable at times and it stays with you 24 hours a day - no escaping it until delivery time.

Here is the equivalent of my ultrasound. Each of those lines represent a unique truss. Isn’t it cute? That is the result of today’s work.

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.09


1 comment:

Mandy Hall said...

Do you have morning sickness ;)
I had to ask???
I think I may know the answer already!
See ya tonight! Can't wait to celebrate!