Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day #642 - Boys' Day

I woke up to find this email from Sasha, a taxi driver in Russia:

Hеllo Tina,

I read penny tales every day too. I am in the bed now but before falling asleep I checked my email box…. printing a small encouragement to you.

What a fantastic way to start the day!

The song from Disneyland “It’s a Small World After All” comes to mind.

****************

Today I played “catch up” on numerous items while Doc went off to the LA County Fair for a “play date” with son and grandson.

I was let out of the house for a few minutes this morning to run to the dry cleaner, drop off some sketches at the architect, and then pick up our new window air conditioner from WalMart. It has been several months without an air conditioner upstairs, so we finally ordered a new one. There was a penny in the doorway as I entered the store and then a nickel by the cash registers. (Coins #1&2) Gosh, it seems I have found quite a number of coins in doorways - symbolic of new doors opening for me?

This afternoon I did all sorts of things; putting away files, paying bills, organizing my backpack from work, etc. Then a contractor dropped by for a few hours to discuss framing and doors and windows and all sorts of things.

****************

Meanwhile Doc was playing and eating his way through the County Fair. Sounds like he had a wonderful time on the Big Slide and eating Cheese on a Stick paired with Dogs on a Stick and getting over 12,000 steps on his Pedometer.

He found numerous coins (Coins #3-10)

1P Entry to Animal Petting Area

1P At the Pig Races

1P Outdoor Furniture Display

1P Giant Slide

1D Ticket booth for rides

1P By smaller slide

1P found by Grandson Ethan while eating his Hot Dog on a Stick

1P In the Shopping Building

Sounds like the boys had fun!

Total: 10 Coins P (8), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.23

No comments: