In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.

Please visit the website:

Joyfully, Tina

Friday, April 27, 2012

Day #1,225 - Testing

Which part do you want first - the Penny Finding or the Penny Palace update?

Penny Palace Progress
Painter Peter arrived at 8:30 a.m. to take off that tacky layer of sealant on the garage floor.  By 10 a.m. he was done and off to another project, but said he would return this afternoon if I would get the needed materials.  I said I would have them by 2 p.m.

Doc tested the Master Tub  (see video for that).  We also tested the gas cooktop.

At 10 a.m. our friends Ed and Lotte arrived bearing a pair of beautiful orchids.  Ed was Dean of Engineering the entire time I was working at CPP.  Shortly after I announced my Leave of Absence, Ed announced his retirement.  I joked that he just couldn’t face running the College without my assistance!  Two-and-a-half hours flew by as we tried to catch up on the past two years of activities as well as touring the Penny Palace. Lotte’s comment:  “Your photos do not do this place justice.  It is beautiful”.

At 11 a.m. Window Brian arrived.  Today he removed labels from exterior window frames and washed off the outside of the house.

After our guests departed, I made a run for the needed floor coating materials.  I decided to ‘push it’ and also drive all the way over to the sign shop for the new bathroom wall words.  Arrived back at 2:04 (4 minutes late).   It took Painter Peter less than an hour to apply the sealer. Tomorrow we will see how it hardened.

I applied the new wall letters which are supposed to be thinner and stickier.

At 4 p.m. Doc and I locked up the Penny Palace.

Both the Porta Potty and the Dumpster were taken away today.  Plus Project Manager Daryl’s contract ends in four days.  I guess that will close down the “Construction Phase”.

Penny Finding
This morning while Doc went into Subway for breakfast sandwiches, I walked the parking lot. I didn’t want to waste time, so I immediately hummed a SingSong.  Found a penny within seconds.  Another penny as I was walking back to the van.  (Coins #1&2)

After ‘work’ (time at the Penny Palace)  Doc stopped at the 7-11 store for coffee and bananas.  I spotted a dirt penny in the planter before getting out of the van.  Inside the store we collected a dime, quarter, and penny.  When returning to the van Doc found two pennies and I found one.  (Coins #3-9).

1950 Hong Kong 5¢
As we exited the freeway, Doc found a median penny.  The people in the car next to us were giving us questioning looks.  (Coin #10).

We stopped to purchase a bag of dog food, then the bank for some cash, and then Doc decided to cruise the high school parking lot.  He spotted several Sit-N-Finds.  I had several coins in my hand when he asked if we had a ‘coin mine’ yet?  I said I did not want to look down to count them; I wanted to look out the window.  We then both shouted “coin” and simultaneously hopped out of the van to collect our respective pennies.  We were laughing. Such Friday night adventure!  Now we had a coin mine:  One dime, 12 Pennies and one foreign coin. (Coins #11-24)

Tonight’s Wish:  May the epoxy harden, and the letters stick.

Total:   24 Coins       
P (20), N (0), D (2), Q (1) + one foreign = $0.65 + 1950 Hong Kong, King George the Sixth 5¢ piece.


Sasha in Russia said...

Your pictures, tales and videos are great, as they infect us with your enthusiasm and attitude to hardships of life. Thank you for all you have done for all us, your team. I am privileged to have such friends like you.

JR said...

Oops, I should have told you that our bubbly-tub has sensors that prevent the pump from running with insufficient water for cooling.