Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day #1,229 - Weight Loss


Today was a full day - but not at the Penny Palace.  Window Brian was working another job until 3 a.m. this morning and was too tired to work at the Penny Palace.  I was not expecting anyone else on site, so I decided to work at the Pomona house and take a break from the PP. Much was accomplished in preparing for The Move.

Today I was sorting, cleaning and packing at the Pomona house.  I assembled a temporary clothing rack to hang our clothes since I will take the Master Bedroom closet organizer with us.  I also cleaned under the stairs in the garage - yucky.

Major accomplishment - I found the Aussie bathroom shower pan again!  For several years now, that shower stall has been a work station filled with all sorts of product samples, files, brochures, etc.  About 4 ft. high of research materials.  I should have taken a “before” photo for you.  Took about three hours, but I got rid of nearly 50 lbs/ of papers.

To find a coin I needed to leave the house.  Went two places.  Took a load of camping gear, shoes and clothing to the Goodwill.  Doc says the only camping he plans to do would be at a hotel with full bathroom, comfy bed, and TV w/remote.  Gone are the days of tenting trips.  I “felt” a penny there.  Did not find one on the first two trips to the loading dock, but on the third trip there was a penny next to my Pippy!




The second stop today was the laundromat to pick up our winter blanket.  There was a penny standing tall (vertically) on the floor next to the counter.

Lots of follow-up calls and emails today: fireplace activation, concrete sealing, moving services, cleaning services, finish work, window repair, screen replacements, and more.


I began disassembly of the ceiling fan in my room.  Although it is 15 years old it's going with me because I haven't found any I like better.

Doc will be surprised when he gets home and sees the mountain of stuff by the front door.  I have a full load to take to the Penny Palace tomorrow.



Doc arrived home at 9 p.m.  He had found two pennies near the coffee vending machines during his visit between lectures.


Typing the Penny Tale once is challenging - twice is frustrating. (My first document did not save)!

Total:   4 Pennies


P.S. Reader JR wrote: “JS says the unknown foreign coin from Day #1,217 is a 1949 10-Yen coin from Japan.”

No comments: