Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day #1,243 - Last Draw


Doc spent the morning getting the brakes on the van serviced.  They were in worse condition than he was expecting.  He was frustrated by the service there and said he would not be going back there.

Meanwhile I was working on the paper pushing.  I submitted our Last Draw Request to the bank and began procedures to shut down the construction loan.

I spent an hour making progress in the garage.  I was torn between wanting Doc there - to lift the heavy objects or put things up on the high shelves, but glad he was not there - so I could clean and sort things as I went along.

At 11 a.m. I took a few things to the Goodwill store.  On the way I said outloud, “Hi Angels.  Last week when I took a load to the Goodwill, it was a busy day and I asked you to provide a coin there to simplify the day.  What are the chances you would do that again?”  I pulled up to the loading dock and spotted a very shiny penny even before I got out of the truck!  (Coin #1)

At the Penny Palace I unloaded the few small boxes of delicate items, some lawn chairs and a few bins.  Then I took solar readings, brought in the garbage cans, etc.  I kept putting off the job I did not want to do -- painting the staircase spindles.  I spent an hour resisting and procrastinating.  Finally I said, “At least do ONE tread’s worth (4 spindles).  But of course after those 4 were painted, the logical part said, “You made all that mess for just one tread?  Do one more!   Make it worth your while to clean the paint brushes.”  I ended up doing 3 treads worth before leaving at 4 p.m.

Handyman George was supposed to arrive at 3 p.m. to work today.  He never showed.  I wanted him present while I was doing the tall ladder work because I don’t like being alone when I am reaching out from the top ladder rung.

This evening Doc was at school until 9:30 p.m.  He came home with one penny in hand which he hand found in the corridor of the Engineering Building.  I had my monthly physical therapy session.  Sharon says this was the best treatment I have had in the 15 years she has known me.  Retirement and Penny Palace Sign Off must be good for the heart, body and soul.

Total:    2 Pennies

No comments: