Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day #1,238 - We've Got AC


Last week and yesterday when Doc tried out the new air conditioners, they did not seem to be producing cold air.  Yesterday we ran the systems for three hours and the temperature in the house went up instead of down!  Finally I called the HVAC guy and he gave me instructions on what to do at the box outside to activate the condensers.  I did that today and was able to get cold air in the house!

Today was Doc’s long day at school.  I went to the Penny Palace to clean and work with Maribel.  We cleaned cabinets in the garden bath, Doc’s Alley, dining room, the Scullery and the Kitchen.  After she left, I did some touch-up painting and more cleaning.

Neighbor Brian dropped by to see how things were going.  He played with the A/C control to see how quickly it was cooling.


Photo Collage
Brenda, who runs Wilcoxson Concrete, pulled up with a gift which required a pickup truck to haul it!  She had created a beautiful collage of special photos from our project and arranged them on one of the shipping pallets!  Some of the guys at the shop even pitched in to stain the frame and assemble the gift.  There were photos from the Day #1 ground breaking through the Sign off.  There was the visit by Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus, the snow day, concrete pouring, the spiral staircase assembly, the fireplace work, the twins on the earth mover, THE rock pile, and so much more.  What a trip down memory lane.

Doc and I have heard numerous construction horror stories and tales of frustrations with subs.  How often do you hear about Subs who pamper you and bend over backwards to make sure your project is first-class?  Subs who give you gifts and say Thanks for letting them be part of the project?

***************
At 3 p.m. I locked up the PP and headed for the spiral staircase store to get an oak base-plate cover.  I planned to have it ready to stain tomorrow.  Wrong!  It will take 3-4 weeks to produce.

The next stop was Home Depot for various supplies.  I looked three times around the checkout areas and did not spot any coins.  So I did a SingSong and then started talking to the Angels: “I only have one more stop and there is not likely to be a coin there, so if you want a Penny Tale for today, you need to deliver it here please.”  Within moments there was a penny.

When I ordered the new light heads two days ago I was told they would arrive mid next week.  This morning there was a call to say they were already at the store!  Nice.  Let’s see how they look tomorrow.

This evening I have been sorting stuff and packing.  Trying to focus on one box at a time because looking at the whole project is overwhelming.  I think Doc is finally believing that we are really going to move and thus he even packed a few of his textbooks tonight!



Total:   1 Penny

No comments: