Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day #1,230 - Upped Belief


A full day with a Medley of activities at the Penny Palace.

Doc helped me take all that stuff I had piled by the front door yesterday over to the Penny Palace.  It was drizzling, so I was thankful for his enclosed van.  By 10:30 he was on his way home to put together midterm exams for his classes tomorrow.
I did all sorts of things at the Penny Palace.  Put on three coats of sealer on the landing, painted that bare top of the shower wall, weeded parts of the back yard, scrubbed the tub, moved boxes, took solar data readings, washed the belly band in the Grand Room, put things away and more.

At 2 p.m. Maribel arrived.  She cleans house for the couple across the street and back in November had wandered over to the Penny Palace and introduced herself and her services.  At the time I told her why the PP was special. She reported to me today about some “COINcidences” which she has experienced since her visit.  She said she left the PP that first time saying, “If it worked for Tina, it can work for me too.”  And it DID!!!  Her Belief was upped by seeing the Penny Palace.  That place is so much more than concrete and lumber.
Maribel left at 7 p.m. and by then I was pooped.  A few more chores before I locked up around 7:45.

***************
The day would just not be complete without a visit to Home Depot.  Got the needed supplies, but no coins.

It was 8:40 and I was wanting dinner.  Stopped at a grocery store for a can of soup.  As I was getting out of my truck I was saying, “Penny Angels PLEASE deliver a coin here.  I am tired and want to go home”.  When I entered the store, I immediately spotted a coin.  It was at the feet of a very cute bagger. I waited and waited for an opening so I could dive for the coin (all the while trying not to look like a vulture).  But I had a 9:15 p.m. meeting with one of our tenants, so time was of the essence. I pulled out a Penny Card and negotiated.  “Hi, I will trade you the penny you are stepping on for this one instead. Deal?”  The bagger, the customers and the cashier gave me questioning looks to which I merely said with a big smile, “I write a Daily Blog about pennies.   This is day #1230 and I was getting nervous.  Thanks for being my witness.”  And off I went into the store. 

When I looked in my hand it turns out the coin was a dime, not a penny.  “Dear Angels, I don’t mean to complain, and I am actually grateful that you gave me TEN times what I requested.  However, this is PENNY Tales after all.  Couldn’t you include a penny as well?”  Within seconds in the main aisle as I approached the checkout with my soup, there was a penny in my path.  The bagger and the cashier witnessed that find.  So in the 2-3 minutes while I was paying for my purchase, they got … the rest of the story.  That was fun.

***************
Doc found one penny standing upright when he and Sparky stopped for a coffee this morning after leaving the Penny Palace.  He found his second one on his way home from school at a grocery store.







Total:   4 Coins        P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: