Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day #1,237 - Penny Trunk


Doc’s van has been leaking pink fluid during the past week, so today he finally took it in to the auto shop.  After an hour he called me at home to say the radiator needed replacing and he needed a ride.

Bailey Penny Find
On the way to the auto shop I was talking to the Angels, “I’m not sure what will be happening today, so I would greatly appreciate it if you would provide today’s coin at the auto shop.  That way it will be taken care of for today.  Thank You.”  When I arrived at the auto shop Doc met me outside and was ready to leave.  I said I needed to give Bailey a quick hug.  I looked for coins around the entrance and the counter area.  No coins.  I spotted Bailey by the back roll-up door to the shop.  I gave her a hug and asked her to find me today’s coin.  She took 3-4 steps out into the driveway area and stopped near a Penny!  Manifesting.  Bailey got another hug for that.

Grading at the Bar
Doc and I arrived at the Penny Palace around 10 a.m.  Iron Jimmy had already installed the new Doggie Cage.  Now the dogs can live there.

Doc graded papers at the coffee bar for the first time.  He had fun with that.

Greg's Shelves
I had fun putting together some adjustable cabinets my brother had made for me 25 years ago.

***************




3 Years of Coin Finds






At 2 p.m. we locked up the Penny Palace and headed for lunch.  As we were driving down the freeway we were discussing my coin finds.  I have each days’ finds in a separate little plastic bag.  They are labeled with Day # and Date.  Then I have each months’ baggies in a larger, quart-size bag.  Doc was suggesting to place them in a ‘treasure chest’ at the Penny Palace. I said one of those old-time luggage trunks would work.  Doc said those were too big.  I suggested we might find a 2-3 cubic foot smaller one and I would keep my eyes open at Thrift stores.

Penny Trunk
As we approached the auto shop I spotted a Goodwill Thrift Store.  Doc said he had noticed it this morning and felt “nudged” to go there.  After retrieving the van from the auto shop, we stopped briefly at the thrift store.  I spotted a penny as we entered the store.  (Coin #2). What are the chances of them having an old-fashioned luggage trunk in decent condition, a good size, an OK color, and for a reasonable price?  About 100% when the Angels are in charge.  I heard Doc’s laughter from across the store.  Among the suitcases and furniture was a good size, teal green trunk, fairly sturdy, in decently clean condition, needing only a new handle and priced at a reasonable $7.99!  With an additional 10% discount for Doc as a senior citizen.


I immediately took the trunk to the shoe repair shop while Doc went for a hair cut.  He obtained a silver (dime) while getting rid of some of his silver strands.  LOL

It is fantastic how the Angels have been involved in seemingly every component of the Penny Palace!

Total:   3 Coins        P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: