Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day #1,255 - Worn Out


Celeste Packing Dishes

We had an 8:30 appointment to meet son Brian and his fiancee, Celeste.  After a quick cup of coffee, we headed to the Pomona house to work.  For two hours the guys sorted and assessed automotive stuff and other gear in the garage; the threw out a few things and packed the rest in the van.  Celeste and I packed dishes, Doc’s clothing, checked emails, etc.  Then we all headed to the Penny Palace. 





Doc's Clothes
Glass Shelves
Doc and Brian unloaded garage stuff, then went shopping for shelving units.  Of course they stopped for a mid-morning coffee.  Celeste and I hung clothing and put dishes on the glass shelves.  After six months of visualizing these shelves and answering people’s questions about them, it was fun to finally see “the real thing”.
Garage Shelves

At 2 p.m. Roofer Bill arrived with his wife Chris and their two granddaughters. Bill was here to discuss the roofing tiles damaged by the solar installers while Chris (a devoted Penny Tale reader) wanted to finally see the house.  Chris said the photos do not adequately portray the features as well as the magic of the house.

This afternoon I had really hoped to get a nap.  That was the ‘logical brain’ saying the physical body needs rest.  The heart said: “Two hours of sleep or Blogs written?  Which is more important?”  Doc was more Worn Out than I was, so he volunteered to nap with the dogs, while I wrote the blogs.

Pampered Pooches
This evening at 7:30 we were locking the doors and heading to Home Depot.  Son Stephen and his family arrived to see how we survived the night and today's unpacking.  By the time they left, the store was closed and we headed straight for the Pomona house instead.  Doc had to re-energize by making one quick stop - for coffee.

As I rolled out of the van, there was a very run over penny.  I tried to pick it up, but my back and body would not cooperate.  Doc looked at me, then the penny and said, "That poor penny looks as Worn Out as you do!"  Then he found an equally Worn Out penny a few feet away.  We were laughing.  How representative of the way we both felt tonight.  I also found a dime.

At 8:30 p.m. we arrived at the Pomona house where Doc immediately went to work downloading pictures and assembling the videos.  I packed and cleaned.  Then for the next few hours I posted the Blogs.





Total:    3  Coins        P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: