Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day #1,254 - 51% Moved


Deflated Bed

After a very late night, and a mushy air mattress, I was not happy to hear the alarm clock going off.  Doc took the first shower in the new house.  Since there are no shower curtains or doors yet, the bathroom floor was noticeably flooded.

We rushed off to meet the moving crew at the Pomona House.  Made a quick stop at Subway for breakfast sandwiches. While Doc was getting the food, I walked the parking lot while doing a Singsong.  Told the angels I was going to be busy with the movers all day, so they’d better provide the coin at that stop.  Two pennies collected there.  (Coins #1&2)

Paperwork Reduction
Dripping Fridge
The movers were supposed to arrive after 7:30, but we were called to say the were delayed until 10:30.  That was OK.  It gave us time to pack and clean the fridge, disconnect furniture strapping, pack more boxes and prepare more.  Then we were told the movers would arrive shortly after noon.  By 1 p.m. Doc was getting quite cranky and had to go for coffee and a snack. He collected a penny at McDonalds.  (Coin #3).

The movers finally arrived at 1:33.  It took until 2:30 to sign the contract, inventory the items to be moved and position the truck.  For the next 4 hours, Wayne and Mario moved, wrapped, carried, and loaded item after item.  Doc and I worked with them as best we could.  Every 5 minutes one of us had to wipe up after the fridge which kept puddling all over the kitchen floor as it was defrosting.  My desk and a few other pieces proved to be quite a challenge in getting them out of the house and into the truck.  Once the truck was loaded, we took a break for dinner.  Doc made a run for Mexican food where he also collected 2 pennies and a dime.  (Coins #4-6)

We arrived at the Penny Palace at 7 p.m.  I was just showing the movers the various rooms so they would know where to put things.  The doorbell rang.  It was neighbors Lallie and Sophia with a welcome hug and bottle of wine.  I said hello for a few moments, but I needed to get back to the movers who were adding minutes to their time clock and standing their waiting for me.  Doc generously decided to tour the guests around the house.  After a while I joked to the moving guys, “There is something wrong here.  Doc is entertaining two lovely ladies, while I am lifting and moving the heavy furniture!”

I had very carefully packed the can opener for the dog food, but in the chaos, I could not find it quickly enough for Doc and he grew frustrated with me.  So he headed to the store to go buy a new one.  He also stopped for coffee and petrol where he gathered 2 more pennies.  (Coins #7&8)

By 9:15 p.m. the movers had brought the final piece off the truck and were shutting down.  Doc and I were fully spent, tired, and very sore.  Son Stephen arrived unexpectedly - like a knight in shining armor!  It was a fantastic spirit booster!  He had the greatest smile and energizing hug.  He announced, “I’m here to help!  I’ve brought my tool box, cold water for Tina, and diet sodas for Dad.  Where can I start?”  For the next 1.5 hours he assembled furniture, unwrapped, moved, and joked - all of which were greatly appreciated.   Talk about Angels on Earth!

We were in need of a good night’s rest so it was wonderful to have our bed in which to collapse.  Doc gave up around midnight while “suggesting” I continue dealing with additional boxes and chores.







Total:    8  Coins        P (7), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.17

No comments: