Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 28, 2012

Day #1,256 - Bathtub Testing


We were driving home (back to the Penny Palace) after midnight, so I playfully said to Doc that we should Find our Penny for today and have the job done before going to bed!  He said that was silly, but a few minutes later he pulled into a shopping center and we cruised through the parking lot.  I spotted a penny with a second one nearby; the Angel's 2 cents worth for today.  I hopped out of the van to collect those two coins and found two more!  (Coins #1-4).

Bathtub Testing
Doc and I tried to sleep in a little, but with no curtains on the windows, the dogs are awake at daylight and wanting attention.  We finally got up.  Doc wanted to try out the new bathtub and see if it relieved some of the aches and pains.  He seemed to enjoy the bath.  When he got out of the tub he insisted that I try it also.  Although the warm bubbly water felt nice, I was anxious to get on with my day and could not handle just sitting around on my butt!  A few minutes was all I could endure.

After a leisurely morning, Doc wanted a nice brunch.  He chose Islamorado at the Bass Pro Shop.  The interior waterfalls and nature-themed decor are incredible.  The hundreds of taxidermied animals and scenery are mind-boggling. One penny found there.  (Coin #5).

No day is complete without at Home Depot or Lowe's stop.  Needed electrical cords, brackets, and other stuff.  As we exited the freeway, Doc spotted a median find.  He hopped out of the van very quickly and was getting back in when he spotted a second one and again went diving out.  (Coins # 6&7)

Dundee Relaxing
We next drove past Rental House #1 to look at the new cedar fencing which Handyman George installed last week.  I found a nickel as I hopped out of the van and then a penny when returning to the van. (Coins #8&9)

Doc was hot and thirsty so he stopped for a soda.  I found two pennies there - one of which needed prying from the floor wax.  (Coins #10&11).

The afternoon was spent at the Pomona house where I did laundry, cleaned and packed more stuff while Doc graded student quizzes.

On the way home we stopped at a Tuesday Morning store where I found a cheap shower curtain and hooks while Doc found a penny (Coin #12).

Doc really enjoys his sunset cruises - through the high school parking lot.  He went up and down the rows until he got his penny.  (Coin #13).  He didn't even get out of the van to collect the coin.  (See video).

We were out of dog food, so stopped at a Trader Joe’s for a dozen cans and two pennies.  (Coins #14&15)



Total:    15  Coins        P (14), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.19




No comments: