Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 14, 2012

Day #1,242 - Route 66


This morning Doc spent at least an hour on the phone in trying to obtain phone, internet and cable TV service for the Penny Palace.  Bless the man for doing that.  I sure didn’t want to do it.  Meanwhile I worked on the finances for the project.

Late morning Doc headed off to school to teach his lab.  I filled the cab of Pippy with delicate items and a batch of Doc’s clothing, then headed to the Penny Palace.

I stopped at a recommended paint store.  I had been told to obtain a special Paint to Metal product there.  The sales rep said he could sell me the paint, but at $50/can it was way more than I needed and he was not sure it would do any better than what I already had.  I left there even more discouraged than I was last week regarding this painting project.  Painting of the staircase spindles is proving to be much more challenging than I expected.

I worked for 2 hours at the Penny Palace putting things away, taking solar data readings for Doc, and cleaning.  Just didn’t have the heart to tackle anything too challenging today.

On the way home I went to the lighting store to see if we could come up with a Plan B for the ceiling fan light fixture which did not fit.  The sales rep said there were really no other glass heads which would work in that spot.  I needed to modify the attachment ring.  New challenge.

This evening Doc and I attended the Cuisine of the Foothills Event on Route 66.  We had been given free tickets, so that was the right price for dinner tonight!  I had not yet found any coins today, so Doc cruised down Route 66.  We stopped at a grocery store so I could go Penny Finding.  One penny inside and then one in the parking lot as we were getting back on to Route 66.  (Coins #1&2)

It was a gorgeous evening and sunset, so Doc proposed we cruise the local high school parking lot just off Route 66.  He likes to search for coins at sunset when they catch the sun’s rays.  I found three pennies and he spotted one dime - in a handicap parking stall.  (Coins #3-6).  Doc had also found a dime earlier in the day near his van as he was leaving school.   (Coin #7)

This evening I plan to log in and record the Penny Finds so far this month.  Don’t want them to get lost or mixed up in all the chaos around the house right now.


Total:    7  Coins        P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.25

No comments: